Esteemed Contributor

@KailaS wrote:
Humpty Dumpty,
Rather than stay away, check in every day and try one "new" skill each time. The forum is not hard as much as it is unfamiliar. So, jump in. It would be a shame to lose you

For me and many others, it has nothing to do with new skills. I learned my way around fairly quickly.   But it's unnecessarily complicated now, and they did away with things that IMO were the heart & soul of these forums.  

There's so much I dislike that it would take a long time to list them all.  It's not comfortable or welcoming here IMO, and it's no longer an easy & comfortable place to be.  I also think lots of older, not tech-savy posters are probably gone for good because it was too much too soon.  I've been thru forum changes before (here & elsewhere), and of course it always takes some getting used to.  But I've never seen anything so drastic, and so much worse than it used to be.  

I don't think the new forums are "hard".  I just think they're terrible.

Trusted Contributor
I agree. I post a few things, but I am still not comfortable with the new format.
Super Contributor

Yeah, NYC Susan, those are the words ... DRASTIC ... UNCOMFORTABLE ...

After reading all of "Welcome Get Started" again, the first page of almost all of the forums to get a feel of what was going on, and all of the "Suggestion Box," those are the two things that stood out the most ...

It was like I had wandered into a place that had changed so drastically that it made me feel uncomfortable being there ... nothing in the room looked familiar ...

I, too, never contributed to the bashing topics, but it was good to read how others felt about a host, vendor, or public figure ... and the technical stuff was not a problem ... I can usually figure out those kinds of things ... although I wondered why a breast cancer ribbon had to wait for approval ...

And, at the Suggestion Box, there was not a thing I could add there ... everything that came into my head had already been addressed ...

So it looks like we are all in the same boat ... (well, maybe not all) ... but it is likely we will all survive and maybe even laugh about all of this in a few months ...

Thanks again ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Respected Contributor

@humpty dumpty wrote:

I said I was leaving, but I waited a few days and came back ... still no improvement ... so I waited a few more days and came back (several times) ...

It's been what?  two weeks? Still no improvement ... maybe even worse ...

Maybe I will wait a month this time and then check back ... or maybe I won't ...

Leaving and coming back is NOT going to help you learn how to use this board.    It's not going to get any better unless you make an effort figure out how it works.  It's not going to magically change to a different format while you are gone.

I really like it after I figured out how to use it.  Play with it a while.  If you don't like it, move on to something else.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I said I was leaving

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

I am getting used to it. Using the hearts more than I thought I would. I still wish the m activity feature was available.

At the top right, there is a search box. Enter your nick, use the drop down that defaults to "Community" and change it to "Users". That will bring up your profile. In very small print, you will see your actual post count. Click on that number and it will show all your recent posts.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Cut the leaving on a jet plane song. lol. That's what this thread made me think of. i like this site now since I switched browsers. Did you try that? Except the font is so small. But i don't want to make it big, or I will look like I am shouting. hahaa.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I can put up with the technical changes.  I'm learning something new every day.  It's a boring format, it needs some color and a little imagination, but I can deal with all of that.

What I am grappling with is the moderators' intrusion into subject matter that I feel is within the standards but they obviously don't.  If they don't understand a topic, they just delete it with no explanation (because it doesn't fit into a neat category). 

I appreciate the effort to keep the topics civil very much.  But they are overdoing it to the point where, as I've already posted, I don't know what I am free to post, nor free to respond to a post.

I am not one to post recipes or ask about what shoes go with what handbag, etc., and never have been.  And I do believe that's what they want.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

I can put up with the technical changes.  I'm learning something new every day.  It's a boring format, it needs some color and a little imagination, but I can deal with all of that.

What I am grappling with is the moderators' intrusion into subject matter that I feel is within the standards but they obviously don't.  If they don't understand a topic, they just delete it with no explanation (because it doesn't fit into a neat category). 

I appreciate the effort to keep the topics civil very much.  But they are overdoing it to the point where, as I've already posted, I don't know what I am free to post, nor free to respond to a post.

I am not one to post recipes or ask about what shoes go with what handbag, etc., and never have been.  And I do believe that's what they want.

Ford, I agree with you.  I'm not sure what we're supposed to post about either.

These forums used to be interesting. There was a vast variety of subjects, pretty much something for everyone.  Now I struggle to find something I even want to read, never mind respond to.  It's boring now!  

Frequent Contributor

Hang in there!

There's a lot to figure out but once you do, there are some very cool features on this board.Heart