Respected Contributor

I would like to give to my family members a tool I've been looking for but can't find.

It's a tool that is shapred like a pen; it's supposed to be able to cut through glass in case your car runs into a body of water and has a few other uses. Does anyone know what it's called and where I can purchase several?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   There are many on Amazon.  I'd link but I don't think it would stay.

The one we have cuts seat belts and breaks windows.   

EMI Window Punch may be the one you want.  It is slender with a pointy end.

EMI Window Punch, Adjustable Tension - n/a

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Personally I would go with the type that also cuts seatbelts, something like this one.  Our has a light, too.

Auto Emergency Hammer With Seatbelt Cutter and Window Breaker - 1pk -  Walmart.com

Honored Contributor

Re: I need help!

[ Edited ]

@GoneButNotForgotten  AAA  sells such things. If you belong to AAA you'll get a discount also. Their merchandise is also online  but then there is a S& H charge. Do you live near a AAA?  We have several AAAs and they carry good car and travel merchandise including Travelon bags.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten  AAA  sells such things. If you belong to AAA you'll get a discount also. Their merchandise is also online  but then there is a S& H charge. Do you live near a AAA?  We have several AAAs and tgey carry good car and travel merchandise including Travelon bags.

Oh darn! I should have thought of it...I'll get to work on it right away! Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Personally I would go with the type that also cuts seatbelts, something like this one.  Our has a light, too.

Auto Emergency Hammer With Seatbelt Cutter and Window Breaker - 1pk -  Walmart.com

what's the name of it? where can I buy it?

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I would like to give to my family members a tool I've been looking for but can't find.

It's a tool that is shapred like a pen; it's supposed to be able to cut through glass in case your car runs into a body of water and has a few other uses. Does anyone know what it's called and where I can purchase several?

TIA

Used to be sold on the q the ones in the pictures 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten   Go to Amazon.  All you have to do is search "car window breaker".  

If you want the pen style, they are usually called a "window punch".  I posted one upthread for you.  Here's another one by Zak Tool:

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3  this is the best tool that can do the job. I had four in my car when I lived in Florida. One in each door. Never had to use it.

Honored Contributor

Re: I need help!

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

@Cakers3  this is the best tool that can do the job. I had four in my car when I lived in Florida. One in each door. Never had to use it.

@Sage04   Thank goodness!  Did you have the pen style?  Ours has the seat belt cutter and a light, too.

It isn't plastic but steel.