Honored Contributor

Re: I’m wondering how many things are returned when the host tells us how many have been ordered!

Read on "Retail Dive", an online retail news site, retailers are concerned about high numbers of returns hurting their bottom line.

It was noted QVC considers a 20% return rate acceptable.  Quite surprising since it's 20 out of every 100 products sold.

For some products, I suspect it's higher than 20%. QVC is so secretive, we may never know, but a clue might be found in how long it takes to receive our refunds.  It could be they may be understaffed or properly staffed, either way, receive an onslaught of returns overwhelming the department.  

Respected Contributor

Re: I’m wondering how many things are returned when the host tells us how many have been ordered!

Maybe the return rate would be lower IF the consumer was allowed AT least 24 hours to cancel an order.

An order seems to go to processing faster than 24 hours leaving the customer no time span to cancel. And it SITS and STAYS in processing for days and days.

The result being you are stuck with receiving something you wanted to cancel and will be sending it back and spending for the shipping and handling you are paying without any product to have.

Honored Contributor

Q makes a lot of $ on return shipping so I am sure they don’t mind too much when a lot of things are returned. It does make me wonder why they continue to sell some items that have horrible reviews... not any good ones....and don’t reduce the price at all.