Esteemed Contributor

@q-girl, Kudos to you and enjoy your day, you have definitely earned it. We love Cabelas also and visit the one in Buda often. 

I will hit the stores tomorrow. I have but one gift under the tree. Next year will be different. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Last few days felt sad...there is no reason. My life is more than filled with goodness. Possibly might be reflection on turning 60 loss of few close friends and family. Do appreciate the kindness of strangers here.

I, too, have been sad this whole season....have had so much sorrow this year....keep thinking about how the families of the very special people i've lost are getting through this time of year...just never got into the spirit.....and i also appreciate the kindness of strangers here during this difficult year...thank you all..

Contributor

I, too, get sad around this time of year. With all the happiness and good cheer around....I have a very sad place in my heart for my Mother. I lost her back in 1987...but it seems that I miss her more than ever. She was a wonderful homemaker, cook, baker, everything that a mother should be that I am not. I try very hard....but I can't hold a candle to her. Our Christmases were made from a storybook when she was living. The best food made from her hands and would fill our bellies that we would fill so full....a nap time was needed. I love this time of year and when I make a dish....she is in the back of my mind always. The same as this year. Her famous wonderful pound cake would melt in your mouth....so I have already made it and waiting for fresh strawberries on go on top. We miss our loved ones and the memories never leave us. I know she's looking down on me as I try to make our Christmases as she did when we were small. Merry Christmas everyone.

Trusted Contributor

I’m done,as wel— wrapped,decorated and tonight I made my “world famous peanut butter fudge” ! At least I like to think it’s that good. 😊