Honored Contributor

There is so much going on around us and we can't talk about any of it.  I feel as though I am in grade school.

I find there are days when I don't even log in.  That hasn't happened very much since I've been a member here.

ALL current events should not be unacceptable.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I have a solution!

One. Word.

REDDIT.

You can talk about anything with everybody over there...with little scrutiny.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree, I would like to have an adult conversation about current events. What is Reddit?

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

I have a solution!

One. Word.

REDDIT.

You can talk about anything with everybody over there...with little scrutiny.  

Thanks Sidsmom.  I will give it a try!! 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm losing interest

[ Edited ]

lol this could be fun........Reddit some of you may find a bit ruff.........remember she said........."with little restrictions" and that includes moderation.........I like it LOL.......................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

I agree that I also go to other forums outside of QVC forum...reddit.    As thinking adults we should be able to talk about events going on in the world.   This forum has gone to the point that we are so dumb down it is insane for a thinking person.

Respected Contributor

ITA The old "QVC's "private" board, stop your whining or take a hike" sentiments are getting old too." There is  a way sans the mocking too, to have a civil discourse about current events. Wishing for it , and discussing it may convince moderators to ease up on over zealous application of elusive "standards".  

Trusted Contributor

How blessed are we to live in a country or have the good fortune that this is even an issue.  

Regular Contributor

I agree - I use to like the discussions even if I did not agree with the poster. This new forum is too restricted. I have a feeling it will hurt Q's sales. I don't check into the forums anywhere near as much as I use to-therefore, I don't see as many posts about products.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  Too much control here now.  They could have just put up a disclaimer ("the opinions voiced here do not reflect the opinions of QVC") and moved on, but they had to call in the wrist-slappers to monitor every word.  Feels worse than grade school.