Honored Contributor

Re: I'm calling the State Health Dept. on our local Pizza Hut tomorrow!

I wouldn't even want to be in that building with lice and roaches and whatever else. YUK!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

The one in our area is filthy, needs to be cleaned and renovated too. Walked in and walked right out.

Just knowing about the head lice would have been enough for me to quit.

Honored Contributor

There was a very busy PH in our shopping center. It was open one day and closed the next. Saw a sticker from the Health Dept. On the door. It has never re-opened.

I wouldn't want to work in those kinds of conditions...

Super Contributor

On 5/21/2014 mima said:

Oh....The cockroach in the glass was still kicking. In the salad, two were dead and one was alive. They only threw away the lettuce that it was in, but not the other stuff that it probably crawled over to get to the lettuce.

I've never seen a cockroach when I worked in a restaurant but there are bugs in the fresh produce that gets delivered to restaurants.

No one should work when they have lice. Yuck.

Honored Contributor

Time to call the local consumer advocate at the local TV station or the newspaper.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Do you think the cook is going to brag about having lice?
Honored Contributor

If it's any help, chain restaurants are generallly cleaner and better run than independent places. In addition to local/county/state health inspectors most chains will have their own inspectors criss-crossing the country checking the conditions and quality at any and every restaurant bearing their name. Privately owned restaurants rely only on the local/county/state health inspectors. The chain places might get a monthly inspection with no advance notice by the chain. Very often they won't even know they've been inspected unless there was a problem.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

On 5/22/2014 Cats3000 said:

Why is she waiting 2 weeks? Why didn't she quit the day she saw the mess? In addition to calling the local State Health Department, she ought to contact the corporate headquarters of Pizza Hut.

I agree. I wouldn't be waiting around 2 weeks if my co-worker had lice.

Honored Contributor

On 5/22/2014 gardenman said:

If it's any help, chain restaurants are generallly cleaner and better run than independent places. In addition to local/county/state health inspectors most chains will have their own inspectors criss-crossing the country checking the conditions and quality at any and every restaurant bearing their name. Privately owned restaurants rely only on the local/county/state health inspectors. The chain places might get a monthly inspection with no advance notice by the chain. Very often they won't even know they've been inspected unless there was a problem.

Pizza Huts are owned by individual franchise holders, not the PH Corporation.

She needs to contact the LOCAL health department, ASAP.

Respected Contributor

She is going to start school mid-June and needs all the money she can get before starting. She doesn't have time to get another job before school starts, so she feels she can stick it out a little longer. But by the time they would figure out who reported all this, she will be gone from there.

Two co-workers have already quit in the last few days and one of the girls had been there for 2 years.

They don't fix anything either. Their ventilation system in the kitchen quit and she said you about choke in there. The freezer quit yesterday so they can only fix thin crust pizza, not pan. I don't know the connection there. It was through text.