Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: I lost my cat suddenly....

I am so sorry for your loss.  Sending

hugs of comfort to you and your family. 

Image result for animated cat condolences . pet

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for the loss of your cat. Sending prayers and hugs. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

@mariadomenica

Take comfort in knowing it was God”s will.

Valued Contributor

@mariadomenicaI am so sorry for your loss.  I will pray for you and your family as you deal with your loss. 

It is so hard,  they are just not here long enough. 

If it offers any comfort, your loss might provide for room for another that needs you.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mariadomenica

Maybe see a psycho therapist to get over your loss and grief.

Be careful to avoid suicidal thoughts.

Go to an animal rescue shelter, and get another cat.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

Oh domenica1 - me too!

She jumped up on the couch to sit next to me Tuesday afternoon, like she did every afternoon and she was breathing funny - really fast and just went  limp.  I knew something was very wrong when I was able to scoop her up and put her into her carrier to take her to the vet.

Whatever it was paralyzed her because the vet couldn't get any kind of a reaction from her.

I'm heart broken, devastated.  Miss her so much. 

@CelticCrafter

I'm so sorry for your loss, also. I will keep you in my prayers. My heart knows the pain, so I totally understand.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mariadomenica....I am truly sorry for your loss, however,  I would take some of the comments from other posters with a grain of salt regarding taking "meds", "avoid suicidal thoughts", "maybe see a psycho therapist".

Comments like this are why I don't start threads and don't post much on these forums. SMH.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@mariadomenica  I’m so so sorry for your family’s loss. I will pray for you all that God heals your hearts, gives you strength & peace, and guides you through this time. Trust him and ask for his help. He’s helped me through times when I felt what you are feeling now, and never let me down my whole life. He’ll do the same fo you. Just talk to him. Take care, ther’s lot’s of people praying for you.❤️🙏🏻

Trusted Contributor

@mariadomenica wrote:

I understand it may be hard for you to grasp just how much this cat was a BIG energy in our home.  My son is special  needs.  Diesel was his baby.  I appreciate your words.I will make sure I stay healthy.  In my heart i do not believe there is anything wrong with experienceing this heartache. 

@mariadomenica

I replied earlier telling you I'd keep you in my prayers. I reply again to this specific post. Earlier I didn't write much because it's so difficult for me to "relive" the traumatic scenes that I've lived through during a time off great loss, such as you have. But I want to say, I do understand. Heartache, deep painful heartache, is normal. Grieving, crying, even screaming is a natural reaction to that pain. I've done it all. My worst experience ever is, I'm not even sure I'll share it all, i dont think i can, just this part, I went through such a horrific bout of anxiety and grief after losing a cat, that literally nothing could help. I couldn't think, couldnt eat, couldn't sleep, I couldn't even pray. But people were praying for me. And it was grace that got me through. It took time, months really. But I made it out of the darkness and into the light.

Please know that you have grief support here if you need it, and I will truly keep you and your special needs son in my prayers. His baby is still with him. Only now, Diesel's just in his heart.

Big hugs.

Honored Contributor

@mariadomenica It had to be a shock for your whole family. I don't have any advice but I wanted to send you my sympathy.