Honored Contributor

Sometimes ,I find myself in polar opposite opinion, with another poster, then lo and behold, the next  topic we see eye to eye perfectly. I am always entertained, and educated , on these boards

There are lots of boards to choose from, and  something new everyday

My thanks to all of my   fellow posters, for keeping it a place, that is interesting, and fun

Honored Contributor

@cherry. I've tried to learn not to "pile on" (football term I think). If I see a thread where things are going downhill fast and a lot of posters are getting negative, unless it's something I feel extremely strongly about, I just move along. 

Honored Contributor

I like it here too. It's like talking over the back fence, about recipes, books we like. tv shows we enjoyed and diets. Of course it can be so much more, like a shoulder to cry on or somewhere to express great joy. Yes we can disagree, but friends sometimes do, right ? 🌺💐🌻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Cherry, I like it here too. I have had my days where I think to myself I may need a break but eventually I miss the peeps here and want to check in on them.

Just a thank you to you for always starting such interesting and fun threads. You really liven up the place.....

Honored Contributor

Good friends definitely can disagree @QVCkitty1. I've learned that friends apologize & there have been too many times I've posted something I've regretted. I have said things that didn't come out the way I meant & some people were hurt or offended. Apologies there, too. Such is life....a learning experience. 

Honored Contributor

I love everyone here too.I thank you all for being there even when we don't see eye to eye.I like and value every bit of input and because I am thankfully not perfect,I love to hear the good and bad so I can grow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I like it here

[ Edited ]

If one can keep the right attitude, even things we disagree on don't have to wind up being a "negative experience".  When I was posting here before, and there actually were some pretty long, sometimes contentious, threads (a lot being about current events), we really had some "lively" discussions!  But many times, other posters and I just "agreed to disagree", because there were always other things that we might agree on.  I had some of the most fun here on silly threads where many of the posters and I had major disagreements about other topics, but we could still have fun with each other. (I remember a "party" where I "brought" Ronnie Dunn - has anyone seen @Scotttie lately? happy smiley emoticon) There are many people in my lifetime that I have liked very much, or even loved, with whom I had major disagreements, but those didn't have to affect our friendships.  

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness, nobody is absolutely 100% perfect.  So far.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I have never minded reading opposite opinions as long as they aren't opposite for the sake of being opposite.

On more than one occasion, I've been known to re-think something.

I especially like the TV & Movies section because they explain things happening that I don't have a clue about.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have never minded reading opposite opinions as long as they aren't opposite for the sake of being opposite.

On more than one occasion, I've been known to re-think something.

I especially like the TV & Movies section because they explain things happening that I don't have a clue about.

@Annabellethecat66, I enjoy your posts over there. You are very knowledgeable about many shows on television. Just a quick thanks for your input...