Honored Contributor

Re: I had dinner with a complete stranger🙂

Interesting story but I am definitely not the type to post something I have done purely to toot my own horn. I prefer to keep the heartfelt things I do to myself. Just not the type to broadcast but that's just me. Just sayin....

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 I loved your story, maybe you will see him again. Maybe it wasn't just a coincidence, that you decided to go there and that you met him.

You seem to be just as lovely a person as your home is.☺

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

So bragging  about not tooting your own horn, isn't bragging??? Who knew????

Trusted Contributor

No @homedecor1, you and your husband had dinner with a new friend. I'm sure that dinner made the three of you feel great. Thank you, you've made my day too...

Super Contributor

What a kind thing to do. I am glad you helped him and had a great conversation with him. He probably lives close by since he drove there, so if you go there again maybe you will see him again. You are such a good example of a kind and caring person for all of the rest of us. Thank you for sharing!!

Honored Contributor

That time you spent with him ,just meant so much to him,i would be stopping in ,in hopes of seeing him again.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You and your spouse are lovely people!  Your story brought tears to my eyes.

Honored Contributor

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. 

Super Contributor

wrote:

Interesting story but I am definitely not the type to post something I have done purely to toot my own horn. I prefer to keep the heartfelt things I do to myself. Just not the type to broadcast but that's just me. Just sayin....

An absolutely ridiculous statement. Added nothing to the conversation and was not even worth the time it took you to type it.

The OP story on the other hand was sweet, inspiring, and hopefully will spur others on to act in such a kind manner. Many people are really kind, generous people, but are unsure how to do little things that might brighten someone's day. Perhaps someone might remember this story the next time they see an elderly person who could use a small bit of assistance. I think alot of us focus on the "grand gestures" with our charity work, but forget the little acts of kindness that mean so much.

Honored Contributor

@ID2

Pleeeeeeeeeezeeeeeee the post wasn't to "toot ones horn" was just a heartfelt moment to share....sad when one has to turn it into something else🙄

For the record, I hope someday if I needed help some stranger will reach out and help me instead of acting as if I don't exist (like the others in there last night) - what goes around comes around as my father taught us.

Lifes to short to let yours and others change my perspective.