Respected Contributor

So sick of the dramatic piano music on commercials now! Every time you hear piano music you know it's a coronavirus commercial about stay home, "we're here for you", "in these uncertain times", wash your hands, etc. It's the same music. A piano with little or no talking. I can't believe I actually miss regular commercials!

Super Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So sick of the dramatic piano music on commercials now! Every time you hear piano music you know it's a coronavirus commercial about stay home, "we're here for you", "in these uncertain times", wash your hands, etc. It's the same music. A piano with little or no talking. I can't believe I actually miss regular commercials!

Not even a blip on the  radar of what is affecting me during this time.

Respected Contributor

I know....I can't grab the remote & flip the channel fast enough but Oh No there's another one. Gotta keep flippin @Ladybug724. Be well.

Esteemed Contributor

Since this is a self-inflected wound, you can solve it.  Unplug the TV and move back slowly.  Feel better?

Valued Contributor

At least it's not the SPCA commercials. Oh my goodness those break my heart. I can't stand looking at those sad eyes. 

They play them so often too! Smiley Sad

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

I was wondering today - some things that "don't compute."

• If we are staying home and no one is coming to visit us and we arent going outside  ... why do we have to wash our hands?  Do germs come through the walls and attach themselves to our hands?  I'm up on the 10th floor .. even with my windows open ... what's the chance of the virus coming in the window and landing on my hands? 

• If it lands on our hands .... how about that slice of bread on the plate over there?  Should I wash that also?
  • If everyone has to wear a mask outside (we do in NYC), why do we have to stay six feet apart?  I can see staying apart if you aren't wearing a mask. 

• I'm on line in Walgreen's yesterday ... everybody is masked.  marks on floor (stand here)  six feet apart.  Line was all the way  down the aisle.

•  A friend of mine has a rather serious hearing loss and can hear where there are micophones or telecoils ... but in person - she reads lips.  She's having a lot of difficulty these days.  We communicate .  via DMs and email or phone.  There are a lot of "hidden" hardships.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

At least it's not the SPCA commercials. Oh my goodness those break my heart. I can't stand looking at those sad eyes. 

Multiple times an hour during the day sometimes.

They have to be embarassed; I'm embarassed for them.  AdWeek or some such magazine should do an article about those commercials.   I find the overkill to be a disgrace.

Trusted Contributor

For goodness sake let her vent...   We know we can change the channel etc. but sometimes things just bug the hell out of you and what else do have to do right now.   And @Ladybug724  the "thank you" in the sing songing voices drive me nuts too..

Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

Great song. 

"I'll Stand By You"  -Mina Tanks

Honored Contributor

Re: I gotta vent!!!

[ Edited ]

Okay, but never even thought of that, I HATE  the animal welfare commercial.SPCA, i want to save them all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.