Occasional Contributor

I'm going to have to do better at keeping track of message board (not just this one) passwords, names, etc. I can't find the information I used for my first iteration of KittyLoverBob so I had to jump through a lot of hoops to fix it (and you'll see I had to change my nic a little).

Does anyone else do this?

Honored Contributor

I keep all my site, username, password, and "secret question" information in a small spiral book I bought on Amazon.  Look under "Calendars, Planners, and Personal Organizers".

Honored Contributor

I've begun to put some passwords in the two browsers that I currently use.

But I won't put in pws for any of my banks.  That just doesn't seem like a good idea.

I have a printout of my pw program from older laptops (don't have it on this, my newest one from about a year ago).  Something about Edge makes me feel extremely cautious so the bills I pay and places where I buy stuff I have on another browser.  The bank pws are just in my head and on that printout.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I write down all my usernames and passwords in a little notebook.  I keep the ones I use most often in the notes section of my phone.  I use my own little code just in case I lose my phone or someone snoops in it.

Esteemed Contributor

I stick with my photographic memory. 

hckynut 🥅🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I use the Chrome browser on my desktop and that stores all of my passwords and usernames for all of the websites where I need them. I have printed that list which contains those websites, listed alphabetically, and have stored in a secret location in my house. If or when I need to change a password then I take my printed list and hand write the change on the list so it gets updated, too.

Occasional Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I write down all my usernames and passwords in a little notebook.  I keep the ones I use most often in the notes section of my phone.  I use my own little code just in case I lose my phone or someone snoops in it.

You're a smart person; I'm going to buy a littl notebook and do the same thing.

There's no way in hell I'd list my password anywhere on my laptop or any electronic media, especially not financial data.

Valued Contributor

I have a 5x7ish, 3 ring binder, with alpha dividers.  I list all the places where I have passwords on individual sheets and insert the pages by site name.  As I change passwords I put in the date of change and the new password so I have a running list.   I also keep track of all of those "secret" questions on these pages too.  For the places I go to a lot I can usually remember those passwords but I keep a short list by my laptop just in case I have a brain freeze.

Like someone else here said, I would never put all of my passwords into one of those on line sites where all passwords are stored in one place.  What a nightmare that would be if that site were ever hacked.