Honored Contributor

Re: I got a notification!

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo 

OBVIOUSLY I NEED POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT!!!

Can’t believe how lost I am without the feedback.

Have floated this thread to the top on my computer to be able to keep up with everyone.

@dooBdoo 

I know how to float a topic, could you tell others how in case it would help them too?  Only if you think it would be useful.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.  

Glad you got a laugh, Hope kitty calms down soon.

Best wishes from your lost friend.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not back. I think one or two trickle in every once in a while, but it's still not working and, of course, not a word in the way of an update.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

What's Back !

Valued Contributor

Nope, no notifications for me.  

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote,in part:  It’s obvious there’s a database degradation in their user file. . .  If the tech support staff had resolved the file corruption (most likely with a simple, “programming 101” re-indexing) as soon as it was detected it wouldn’t have snowballed into the dreadful mess we have now. . .

@dooBdoo   I do not speak Greek, but some of what you said makes me wonder if in a month or so we could be reading about hacked files at QVC.  Am I off base?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

I got a notification at 12:15a and one at 12:39a..........and then it stopped working again.  Boo hooWoman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

@dooBdoo 

OBVIOUSLY I NEED POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT!!!

Can’t believe how lost I am without the feedback.

Have floated this thread to the top on my computer to be able to keep up with everyone.

@dooBdoo 

I know how to float a topic, could you tell others how in case it would help them too?  Only if you think it would be useful.

Thank you for your thoughtfulness.  

Glad you got a laugh, Hope kitty calms down soon.

Best wishes from your lost friend.  

You're welcome, @Drythe!   Thank you for the kind words and for being someone who's always thinking of others.   Best wishes to you, too!❤️

Here's basic info on floating a topic.    The feature is useful if we want to "pin" a thread to the top of the sub-forum in which it's posted.   After setting it, when we log in we will see it above the other threads (even if it's had no recent activity) until we decide to un-float it.    

Log in to the Community, go to the thread and select the option at the top.    It will take effect, after that, whenever we sign in.   To reverse the setting, just use the "Un-float" option.

5FE4702A-1E0D-4617-92B0-919CB9EAB735.jpeg

432B4782-4957-49C6-9DB0-BB4B63396F9A.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote,in part:  It’s obvious there’s a database degradation in their user file. . .  If the tech support staff had resolved the file corruption (most likely with a simple, “programming 101” re-indexing) as soon as it was detected it wouldn’t have snowballed into the dreadful mess we have now. . .

@dooBdoo   I do not speak Greek, but some of what you said makes me wonder if in a month or so we could be reading about hacked files at QVC.  Am I off base?              

@IamMrsG,    It certainly could be -- who knows, really?   I don't keep any payment source information saved on this website.   I add it when I make a purchase and then remove it as soon as everything has processed.    This is my practice on all sites, since any of them can become vulnerable to hacking.   I do think QVC's site is one of the most unstable of sites owned by major corporations -- years ago we all were alarmed to see the login screens displaying other customers' login data, and since then too many other problems have been evident and gave us reason to be extra cautious.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I got another notification about this thread over night.  Some of you hearted me.  You really hearted me.  Lol

Honored Contributor

Ha!

I got one overnight and one just now.

I didn't realize that the notification system was down until I saw about 14 threads about it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN