Honored Contributor

Re: I find more and more that I order on line and do not go to local stores.

I shop online more too.

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 circles said:
On 1/9/2015 happy housewife said:

I can not imagine buying shoes that you have not tried on.

I have several pair of shoes....all bought online....most from the Q.....

I think about every pair of shoes I've purchased in the last 10 years I've gotten online too. As long as there is a size 7.5W (Birkenstock 38R or 38M) I'm good. that size always fits me. But I only wear casual shoes now - nothing pointy or with heels anymore.

Valued Contributor

I much prefer on-line shopping and have for years. I don't watch QVC, but I do order on-line from them. I will occasionally tune into HSN and order from them.

When I travel, I will shop downtown areas, but overall, I do not like going to malls.

Amazon Prime is the greatest!

Respected Contributor

This applies to me.

Trusted Contributor

When I developed a bad case of sciatica around Christmas time several years, I learned the value of online shopping. I couldn't walk for long periods of time at all and couldn't even really stand up for long. Enter online shopping. I think that every year since then, we have increased our online shopping and decreased our B & M shopping, esp at Christmas time (except for Black Friday; we still do Black Friday whenever we can).

Amazon has become my friend, even though I don't do Prime. The other week I bought a really nice Samsonite case for my laptop on Amazon. Even without Prime, I ordered it on Saturday and it was in my hands by Tuesday afternoon. You can't beat that! You just can't beat that!

Valued Contributor

I used to love to go to the mall and browse and shop. No more. Got tired of not having what I want at the store. Now I do 90% of it on-line. The only time I frequent many stores is if I have to return a product. About the only store I enjoy shopping is Marshalls and Home Goods. Good buys and the merchandise is constantly changing. My QVC shopping is the exception. Between their higher prices and s/h I order less.

Frequent Contributor

To all those who mention Amazon prime, but do not have it - I found something very interesting last fall. One of my sons got Amazon Prime. He uses the free shipping, the Kindle, videos, etc. He emailed me a few days after he got it and asked if I would be interested in getting the free shipping aspect of Prime for free. OF COURSE, I said. I had always wanted it, but did not want to pay for it. He said he discovered that he could give the Free shipping (regular and FREE two day shipping) to 4 others since he was the main Prime member. He sent me 'an invitation' to join and I replied. I now have the free shipping (I used it SO much over Christmas). He thinks I will have my Free Shipping for as long as he pays for the main Prime service.

So, if you know someone who has Prime, have them check this out. It is a wonderful extra for everyone.

I found this to further explain the deal:

Amazon Prime's free 2-day shipping changes your buying life, enough so that you start feeling bad for your loved ones waiting out standard shipments. Until you poke around in your Amazon account settings and give up to four "household members" free Prime shipping.

It's not a secret, but it is not totally known about either. Head to Your Account then, once signed in, Manage Prime membership. There you'll see your Prime membership status, but scroll down a bit and look for "Invite a household member."

You need to provide a name, email address, relation, and a birthday for each member. When they move to activate the Prime benefits, they'll need to know your own birthday. There's no real "household" requirement, though, and your friends or roommates can still fit, if they don't mind being your "brother/sister." Your Prime sharing only extends the free two-day shipping to relatives and friends, not the Prime video or Kindle book benefits, but nobody should be complaining when you grant them a much better online shopping experience.

Esteemed Contributor

I order more online too. Except I DO love to drip around through TARGET when I can hike it, and BJ's at times. Right now I have Target gift cards from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket! lol. We might go this week, since its going to be a wopping 31 degrees finally instead of teens or 0...lol. I really hate grocery shopping the most! Thankfully we go together (DH and I) because I cant lift. So that helps!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When I was trying to wheel my cart through Bed, Bath this afternoon, I was wishing all those other people were home shopping on line. I got what I went for, but didn't stay in the crowd to browse. Probably a good thing.