Valued Contributor

On Tuesday morning  while taking my 3 mile walk,I was hit by a car.I had the red light looked both ways and and back to my right again. As I was in the middle of the cross walk,I was hit by a car and roll off the hood. The car slow down but did not stop.I crawl out the street to the sidewalk.A passing car stop to assit,while bleeding  from the head,I manage to call my son. The good Samaritan call the ambulance. My son,the cops and the ambulance arrived at the same time.

I kept saying I was find,blood flowing from my head and my right  knee was crushed.I had emergency  surgery.I was home on Thursday evening. The nursing staff was amazed that I was up and walking(with a Walker and a physical therapist. They stated that I am recovering faster due to my physical  and mental health. A homecare nurse will becoming on Monday. My son and my sweet daughter in law(who has a masters degree in nursing have assisted me in my recovery.

I am blessed.

Honored Contributor

I am so sorry this happened to you. Thankfully, it sounds like you are recovering nicely. Sending healing thoughts your way. 

Honored Contributor

So very sorry that you had to go through all that.

You are truly blessed and you can thank God for that.  I know he will continue to bless you during your recovery.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Wow!  You never know do you?  Yes, someone was watching over you.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.  

Honored Contributor

wow you are definately blessed! so thankful you are ok and wish you the best in your recovery. God Bless!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Gracie3,

Oh my, what a horror out of the blue.  There is a lot of that spread around these days (at least among those I know), and I am sorry you were so severely injured.  I am pleased that you are mending quickly, and you are, indeed, blessed.  Not the least of your blessings is a daughter-in-law with a master's in nursing.

Wishing you a rapid recovery and better health! 

Respected Contributor

Angels were watching over you. What a horrendous accident. Thank goodness you survived. 

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE   OMGosh!   So So sorry this happened to you... and you were doing everything right and careful...

that person was probably high... and or Texting... with warrents for their arrest and thus kept going... I hope that they can catch him somehow. Such a terrible person to leave you there.

Take care. You are very fortunate to be alive. So sorry you have to go through this... Hugs and love sent your way.

Honored Contributor

either that or a drunk /hit and run

Esteemed Contributor

Could you give the police a description of the vehicle?