Super Contributor

Re: I Was Overwhelmed by the Arrogance and Contempt

@qualitygal wrote:

He needs to run his own life and let her run hers.  He's missing being in control in court. He needs to let her handle this in her way.  

ITA.

Respected Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

It's interesting what the effects of "change" can be.  A couple can get along extremely well in one phase and circumstances of life only to discover incompatibiiities when life changes for them.  It is hard to "grow" together and keep a relationship alive and close.  This couple was fortunate to discover their discord earlier rather than later.  

I don't think it's a good idea to 'ignore" things that can become big later on.   

And that is why Margaret Mead said that most couples should probably split after 10 years.  As we grow , we change and most couples don't grow in the same ways.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think SHE, not HE, need to run, not walk, to engage a divorce attorney.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People, yes, it infuriated me too.  Who the H****does he think he is?  An adonis????

There is a book by Daniel Steel called "Heart Beat".  It's easy reading.  It's just a story VERY much like this one.  I laughed AND cried.  EXCELLENT book.  She's an amazing writer.  This story, IMMEDIATELY brought back memories of reading this book and I read it MANY years ago.

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
This is why I’m single.

This poster nailed it.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@golding76 

Without reading anything other than your post, I have to wonder what drew them together to begin with. 

What did she see/feel that made her say, "this is the man for me."

Without even waiting for a response to that question I would offer this:

Run.  Run screaming!  

Get half of everything now and leave.

I never had to think much on this end of it.  That is to say, well, look at it this way...they are both fairly young so what's the FIRST thing people get attracted to?  Well, the hormones are flying and you know the drill.  Hey!  No sex while I'm eatin'!!  LOL!!!  Anyway, I think it's physical attraction that ropes folks in.  I was a casualty of this.  (hand over forehead lamenting)  LOL!  Seriously though, I think this is a huge "selling point" in marriage.  Just my two cents....as usual....

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think after spending so much time together, it's obvious that he doesn't know the woman he married and doesn't like the woman she really is.  He's an up tight bleep but I think that nastiness is because he's in denial about why he has this negative feelings for his wife.  

up tight bleep out!    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   you guys are funny!!!!

Honored Contributor

Working from home can bring on various problems.  Being with another person 24/7 can lead to 'trapped in' feelings.

They possibly were attracted to each other's 'strength and power' in their respective professions.

Now, those traits/demeanors have either gone or are too polarized in opposite directions.  

Well, que sera, sera. 

Wishing each of them well, and maybe a better life together or apart.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).