Trusted Contributor

Re: I Was Actually Speechless Last Night.

Disturbed is still making great music. Love that rendition, can't believe it's been five years since it debuted.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 -

I saw it months ago too. It is something you never forget-very chilling and heartbreaking rendition.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

It was just such a surprise.  I will thank my DD, if not for her I would have never heard it.

Also, yesterday I watched people react to Bobby Hatfield, of the Righteous Brothers do Unchained Melody.  It was Andy Williams Show in 1965. Another amazing performance.Watching young folks who weren't familiar with them was fun.

That darn rabbit hole of You Tube.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819, OMG, what a voice he has!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

A friend of mine from another board turned me on to this video a while back and I saved it.   

I'm a HUGE fan of S&G, anyway, and already loved the song but this cover was so beyond spectacularly brilliant that I've watched/listened to it (I even bought it for my iPod) a lot of times.  It is hauntingly beautiful and I've shared the video with a number of people.

Best cover EVER!

Honored Contributor

BTW, I haven't seen the video from Conan but I have the band's actual YouTube video of them doing the song and - well, you just can't stop watching and listening.

Trusted Contributor

Prefer S&G.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 - I love it, when someone on these forums shares things like this.

I'd never heard of Disturbed or David Draiman, but my DH and I just watched it.  Wow, is all we can say.  What a brilliant version, true to the meaning of the lyrics.  (DH admitted he loved the original, but never really knew the words.)

Thank your daughter for getting you to listen and thank you for posting it for the rest of us.

Esteemed Contributor

He has a beautiful and powerful voice.  Lovely rendition.

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this!  I first heard this rendition on one of the Black List shows and it was last year and could not remember who sang it.  It was amazing.  This is one of my favorite songs and I love his version of it, even more than S&G.