Honored Contributor

Re: I Shouldn't Put This In Writing But.....................

[ Edited ]

@2Kittys wrote:

I don't understand people who really hate snow, continue to live in it? I don't like it, so I don't live in it. There are other places to live with no snow, and often cheaper to live there.

Not everyone can just pick up, leave a job, family, commitments and move somewhere else.

Besides, snow is only one season.  If you live in a four-season part of the country, the rest of the year is wonderful.  (Doesn't mean those who live with snow every winter have to love the extra work and hazardous driving it causes.)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have so many friends who live where it never snows and they all say --- oh, how nice, you got snow, we'd love to have snow, etc, etc, etc, --- blah, blah, blah!  I say to them --- well come and stay at my house for a few weeks in February and see how you like it when the temps are nearly zero, the wind chill is below that, your car is a big frozen chunk of ice, snow is thick and heavy and drifting and 12 inches deep and you keep having to dig yourself out!  And --- you rarely ever see the sun --- and the roads are horrible and treacherous and you hardly ever get to leave the house because you are terrified of driving and the other drivers!  Buy a snow globe so that any time you want to see a pretty winter scene and snow, you can just shake it up and there you have it!!  Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a love/hate relationship with snow.   We had a beautiful snowfall the other day.  It sparkled as it fell and it was soooo quiet outside.  I went out on the porch to watch and hear it fall.  It's such a peaceful quiet.  It's breathtaking to me.  I turned my face up and felt the flakes hit my skin.

Then reality hits and I have to drive in it twice a day, every day.  The roads thaw during the day and freeze at night.  It's like driving on a frozen lake with crunchy bumps. My husband shovels our driveway -- I shovel my father's driveway across town.  I'm too danged old for this!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I love that,      BUT...................

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm envious as I love snow.  It is beautiful as it covers our and Mother Nature's  imperfections.

You are more than welcome to mine. I'll see what I can find out about packing and shipping it later today.

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We moved from the Northeast to Texas when I was a kid....I loved the snow.....When we would go back to visit relatives at Christmas I thought the snow was MAGICAL....but after a couple of days I missed the Texas weather and HATED having to bundle up in hats, scarves, gloves, coats, and boots and helping to shovel the drive way so we could move the car out this was not fun either....And afterwords the pretty snowed turned in to dirty mush....🧣 🧤 🧥

I prefer our rare Texas snow---  its so pretty to watch and fun to "play in" (everyone maks a snowman and has a snowball fight).....and by noon the next day it's gone....❄️☃️

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”