Trusted Contributor

Re: I Shouldn't Put This In Writing But.....................

@2Kittys  The rest of the year makes up for the snow storms.  Besides, every region of the country has their own issues with weather. Most important, how do you just pack up and leave your kids and grandkids because of temporary bad weather?  We just whine about it instead! 😉  

Honored Contributor

As long as it's a manageable amount , snow is fine. Our last over 30" was not manageable, it took days to get back to normal, that snow I hate.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@2Kittys   I can stay in PA and have snow that once it is shovled and plowed is no issue.

Or move where there could be tornadoes, hurricanes, wild fires, earthquakes, terrible flooding, some states have God awful heat and/or humidity.

Nope, I'll deal with a couple good snowstorms very year. Don't like it but like the alternatives even less.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I have always loved snow.  Deep, beautiful snow, icicles, ice on trees, and all of it.  The palette of glistening white like sugar sprinkled everywhere with the blues, silvers, and gray have always been breathtaking to me, even as a child.

This is where I live

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Hey! We have the same thing on the Thruway headed north.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG.  That looks like it would be ICE.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I LOVE snow! We're just south of you and have all rain! Bummer! Enjoy, and I hope you don't lose power.

I'll take that rain ! Thank you !

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@2Kittys   I can stay in PA and have snow that once it is shovled and plowed is no issue.

Or move where there could be tornadoes, hurricanes, wild fires, earthquakes, terrible flooding, some states have God awful heat and/or humidity.

Nope, I'll deal with a couple good snowstorms very year. Don't like it but like the alternatives even less.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 I totally agree, last year we got hardly any snow, so it all works out.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2. I also hate snow.  However, now that I don't have to get to work in, don't have to shovel it, and it doesn't ruin everything,  I do enjoy looking at it.

A fresh coat of snow shimmers in the light and the trees look beautiful. 

Esteemed Contributor

@grandma r   The best part of retirement is not having to go out in this kind of weather.

Now, I do worry about my kids going to work. DD has to do 70 miles roundtrip.

My son has to work outside sometimes in a cherry picker.  I worry about someone hitting his truck whilehe is up working on lines.