Frequent Contributor

I Need to Talk - Heartbroken

As you know, Blackie hasn't been feeling like himself since Sunday. Took him to the vet, who gave him s shot of antibiotics and did a blood test. Results were slightly anemic, and blood sugars slightly elevated. He initially responded to the antibiotics. Vet gave me a bottle of amoxicillin to give him 2x/day for 7 days. He ate a little yesterday, drank a little, used his box a little.

Last night, he started crying like he was in pain. I tried to comfort him as best as I could. He didn't want to be held. Again, no interest in food. I stayed up all night with him. I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion at about 6:30 this morning. He was still in the house.
Oh, I had given him his medicine at about midnight-thirty. My bathroom window was open. It is about five feet from the ground. When I woke up at 9:00 (a.m.) he was gone.

I've searched high and low, inside and out. I even employed my neighbor to help me search for him. No luck.

I'm holding on to the hope that he'll come home, but yet at the same time I am fearful. I am so afraid that he might have gone off somewhere to die.

I'll never forgive myself and forever feel guilty if that happens. I'll always blame myself for not having the window closed. But who knew that he would jump that far? I would feel guilty and blame myself that I wasn't there with him when he passed, that I couldn't make his passing easier and pain free.

I took the day off of work today, so that I could be there for him. My neighbor, a wonderful and spiritual lady, said that maybe Blackie saw how much his illness was upsetting me, and he was/is trying to spare me more grief by going off to die in priate. Then I felt guilty for leaving my co-workers short handed, but I knew that if I went in to work, I would be of no use to them, as I would be worried about Blackie.

It's the not knowing and fearing the worst that is breaking my heart. I am so worried! I can't stop crying.

I keep praying to God to please, please, please bring Blackie back to me, even if it's only to say, "Good-bye".

So, if you could please keep Blackie in your thoughts & prayers to not only get better, but to return home to me. He's my heart cat.

Thank-you so very, very much.