Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

nope the hostess is clueless

if you can't afford to host an event scale down or don't

at least you got a heads up, I can't imagine showing up to such an event 

@jackthebear 

This reminds me of a co-worker from several years back that was giving herself a 40th birthday party. Several weeks after I sent  my RSVP, she sends out another notice to all telling us how much we would have to pay to cover the cost of the venue and the food. 

I did attend!! However, I thought it was beyond tacky and classless. 

Esteemed Contributor

You only need to bring money to buy your own refreshments, and to tip the food trucks, or caterers.

I would go.

I hope that there aren't too many "noise complaints" or complaints  parking, since this much notice was given .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl I sure wouldn't want to be "branded" and photographed in a political arena for which you may or may not support.

I have never heard of one organized in a neighborhood (maybe a rummage sale) but not a political event.

Too bad you're busy Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl    Unless it's a fund raiser for the senator??   But usually that info would be big and bold on the invite.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling  This is really not a political event, and the concert is in a private home.  I do not believe our state senator will be attending that.  In our area, state representatives and senators usually show up to meet with the residents in an informal setting.  That way, we all know each other on a more personal basis.

I had no idea that we had a singer in our neighborhood and have no idea what her style of music is.  I doubt that any of my immediate neighbors will be attending.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops  Not a fundraiser.  The senator who is coming is very popular and really does work hard in our area and always responds to inquiries from her constituents.  I am not a fan of most politicians, but she is one of the best.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I'll be odd man out and say it sounds like fun and I would probably go. ASK her for details, easy peasy.

Respected Contributor

I have gone to many concerts like this except it is pot luck and usually costs about $20 for the performer and defrays the cost of paper goods for the food. I have heard some excellent music and some uh not so good music. In either case it's a good time with like minded people who have a common interest.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I have never heard of this type of get together.  I can understand it all except for the tip money.  I am wondering who is to be tipped.  Possibly the musicians that will be performing or if there are wait staff serving refreshments????

I would probably not attend unless I was a friend of this neighbor.  

@4kitties    Maybe she wrangled some free entertainers willing to work for tips.  So the whole affair costs her nothing except a lawn mowing.  She must have a big yard.  Wild horses couldn't drag me to something like that. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I Must Be Clueless

[ Edited ]

I don't live in that type of neighborhood the concert seems like a lovely idea to me.  There's nothing better than an outside summer concert.  We have them in our town common every summer on Wednesday evenings.  We bring our own chairs. Some people sit on blankets.  People bring their own snacks or get takeout from nearby restaurants

That's what this sounds like except it's on private property. It's fairly clear that it is not a party. It's like it will be a fundraiser.