Honored Contributor

I see a fundraiser.  Clearly.  I don't think it is presented as anything but a fundraiser. 

Esteemed Contributor

This seems similiar to a Block Party where everyone gets together with music and food, except this is on private property.

Esteemed Contributor

I am certain that this is not a fundraiser.  I am also certain that the performer is the neighbor who lives in the house.  Not a band.  They are two separate events.  

The get together that the senator will be attending is for everyone to meet the new board members (all are new) and it is being held at the pond at the back of our complex.  Not anywhere near the singer's home.  I think that the neighbor (singer) might be using this opportunity to earn some money, show her singing skills, or even meet more neighbors.   I am not sure that there is a food truck.  The neighbor (singer) may also like to cook as well as sing.  No mention of a food truck.  The only thing being served at the get together at the pond is Mr. Softee.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

If it's a fundraiser, I don't think they would be asking for "tip money".  Laying down $10 is hardly fundraising.

Valued Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I think it may be a fundraiser, too. We recently received an invitation to a barbecue for one of our local representatives. The cost was $50 per person. It was a thinly veiled fundraiser. We did not go, although we do wish the politico well.

Honored Contributor

to be clear, I don't have an issue with holding a fundraiser, but the host pays for the food etc

invitees are expect to give to the cause, not pay the waitstaff 

Trusted Contributor

Depends who the senator is.  There's some I'd see just to spit at and others who I'd cheer for.  (Would not really spit but would want to). 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Must Be Clueless

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl   Per your comments....

"large circle of 100 homes"

"has invited the neighborhood to her home for a private concert."

"the concert is in a private home"

100 homes = 200-400 people approximately. 

If your neighbor can fit that many people & chairs inside her home, she can afford to pay for refreshments

"refreshments will be available for purchase, and please bring tip money."

Refreshments = alcohol?  Tips for the bartender?

Just saying........

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

If you don't have to RSVP I would just play it by ear and see what the day brings and weather holds. No one seems committed buying the refreshments if they don't want to.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@SXMGirl   Per your comments....

"large circle of 100 homes"

"has invited the neighborhood to her home for a private concert."

"the concert is in a private home"

100 homes = 200-400 people approximately. 

If your neighbor can fit that many people & chairs inside her home, she can afford to pay for refreshments

"refreshments will be available for purchase, and please bring tip money."

Refreshments = alcohol?  Tips for the bartender?

Just saying........

@Mz iMac, I don't think that @SXMGirl said that it would be inside.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland