Honored Contributor

Two of his memorable routines that come to mind are "The seven words you can't say on TV," and "A place for my stuff." 

About those seven words: A few of them now ARE said on television!  Woman Surprised

l also remember his routine about the airport. "The stewardess says, 'It's time to get on the plane.' I said 'You get on the ****** plane. I'm getting IN the plane!'" Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

My earliest memory of George is when a neighbor had a tape I listened to.  I must have led a sheltered life because the language was more than I had ever experienced. 

Later on I thoroughly enjoyed his piece on your "Stuff"  and the things you had to take with you.

I also enjoyed his wisdom on many subjects.  He is missed for sure. 

I hope he and Jonathon Winters and Robin and Sam Kinison and John Candy are having a hilarious time in Heaven.

OMG, Jonathan Winters! So hilarious. I read in an unrelated autobiography that he was in San Fran, swinging around on a boat, proclaiming himself "Space Alien Something-or-Other" before he was admitted to a sanitarium.

Love Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles

Honored Contributor

@Lapdog wrote:

My earliest memory of George is when a neighbor had a tape I listened to.  I must have led a sheltered life because the language was more than I had ever experienced. 

Later on I thoroughly enjoyed his piece on your "Stuff"  and the things you had to take with you.

I also enjoyed his wisdom on many subjects.  He is missed for sure. 

I hope he and Jonathon Winters and Robin and Sam Kinison and John Candy are having a hilarious time in Heaven.

@Lapdog

His monologue on "your stuff" is one of the funniest I've ever heard!   He was a brilliant comedian ... and his delivery was always spot on.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Carlin wrote several books. One of them was comprised of essays on various subjects. I've been looking for that book for a few years now (I had gotten it from the library, but they must have gotten rid of it).

It was BRILLIANT. He dealt with a number of serious topics. Hopefully, I'll find it some day.

Honored Contributor

Re: I Miss George Carlin

[ Edited ]

The Hippy Dippy Weather man.  My favorite saying of his, I stoll use to this day is, "what can I tell you, but ...words". Lol

Oh, and when he talks about his friend passing horrible gas in the car ( of course he didn't put it that politely). He said, " if your sick man, go to the hospital"

Honored Contributor

"meow" is just woof in cat!

or the one he says swimming is not a sport, its a way to keep from drowning!  

Respected Contributor

Decades ago my parents bought a stereo as the Christmas family gift.  My brother, probably 11 at the time, bought my dad George Carlin's Class Clown album and that was the one containing the 7 words you can't say on TV!  

He bought it bc in dad's HS yearbook in the section "Most Likely to" my father was listed as one of a handul of Class Clowns.  When it played my parents were shocked, more so that the record store allowed my young brother to buy it.  It was put up in the closet for a few years till my parents felt we were old enough to bring it out.  I noticed the stores eventually added a sticker on the front cover about it containing adult language and was of a mature theme!

Honored Contributor

Didn't he pass quite some time ago?  There must be a new comedian who can fill the void.  They all have their own niche.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Didn't he pass quite some time ago?  There must be a new comedian who can fill the void.  They all have their own niche. 

Fill the void-watch classic Carlin. No one will ever come close.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Carlin wrote several books. One of them was comprised of essays on various subjects. I've been looking for that book for a few years now (I had gotten it from the library, but they must have gotten rid of it).

It was BRILLIANT. He dealt with a number of serious topics. Hopefully, I'll find it some day.

@insomniac2

Out of curiousity, I just did an Ebay search of "George Carlin" in Books, and 304 auctions of his various books came up.   You didn't mention the title, but I bet it's there.