Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya 

@77yangya wrote:

@Mikeysone wrote:
Had far too much drama when I was younger. Am content with my uneventful life right now..

Me too.  We lost our kitty yesterday.  She was very old and it's touch to see a grown man cry but my husband did.  Just awful.

I used to call the place I fed her, her little feeding station.  It's now empty.  Her places where she slept all empty.  I just need time. 

Just never realized the years went by that fast.  I just want to heal and move on.

Oh god, i,m so sorry.  I know the sadness so well.  When I lost my  cat in 2002,  I couldn,t stop crying.  Then one week later, I lost my husband.  I was in shock and alone.  No one in the house, but me.  

How I have a,rescue dog, the last 13 years, and she is old, but in good health.  I cry of just the thought of her not around.  It,s very hard, they are family.  It takes awhile before the sadness subsides. You gave her a good home and care.

Esteemed Contributor

No Amazonbtruck here but USPS delivers Amazon on SUNDAY!

Trusted Contributor

There's a lot of positives about a dull life. Especially as we age. I had my share of stress when I was younger; I love having peace and quiet now.

Trusted Contributor

Get prepared to hear the sounds from trucks backing up.  In my part of PA, the trucks sound as if they are quacking.

Trusted Contributor

When my two year-old granddaughter sees an Amazon van on our street,  which is almost every day around our area, she says " pime! pime!" the four year-old says " it's the smiley truck" and the 12 year-old grandson says "what are we getting, is it for me?"

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Understand that I don't have much excitement in my life but I was elated to see my first, bight, shiny, Prime delivery truck.  Amazon hasn't had a presence in Albuquerque but they're finishing up a brand-new very large distribution center.  Now if only they can find 1,000 or so workers to staff the place. 

Amazon works their employees to death!!!!!!!! Mean company.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mikeysone wrote:
Had far too much drama when I was younger. Am content with my uneventful life right now..

I love being bored. I went through many difficult years. Hoping life in America gets back to "the way it was."

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

@Mikeysone wrote:

Me too.  We lost our kitty yesterday.  She was very old and it's touch to see a grown man cry but my husband did.  Just awful.

I used to call the place I fed her, her little feeding station.  It's now empty.  Her places where she slept all empty.  I just need time. 

Just never realized the years went by that fast.  I just want to heal and move on.

I have a 13 yr old lhasa apso - who is the reason I get up every morning. A couple of weeks ago, she started having medical issues. Fortunately, I was able to find a vet (not easy these days) - and he put her on medications and changed her wet/dry food. She's doing very good now - but it "took my breath away." Pets become part of you - and it will just take some time for you and your husband to heal. It is very painful. When my other lhasa passed away 13 years ago, I immediately got this lhasa. Hoping you get another kitten --- the best thing.

Respected Contributor

A dull life can't hurt you though.......I'll trade places with you, gladly.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   You missed the best gimme of all, the new child credit payment most average families now get which I think is something like $250. for each child, $300 for infants.  So we pay people for being prolific and over-populating.  Beats all I ever heard. 

Each person who files for Unemployment Insurance gats a maximum benefit amount based on his wages.  If he draws the maximum for which he qualifies every week, it'll last for 26 weeks.  He could draw partial benefits or return to work and be laid off, in which case he has one year to draw that maximum amount.

@Shanus 

@Kachina624   That year must have already run out for some people in the work force. So as soon as the year is up, the "We're Hiring"signs come down and restaurants, stores, truck drivers, office employees...all come back to work?

I'm thinking people are reconsidering whether they want the SAME job or would rather be employed in another field. 

@Sooner I agree that churches and other organizations should provide food and help to those who need it, but what about enabling those who should be getting back to work by now?