Respected Contributor

Re: I Knew I'd Regret Reading That Article...

[ Edited ]

Have no problem with Josh going to prison for the rest of his life.  He won't be missed. but the parents should also be sent to jail. They let him get away with it. First time when he was molesting his sisters and their friend. Covered up for him and threw the daughters under the bus. Never cared for this cult of a family.  I watched the first 2 specials they had on tv about them out of curiosity.  Could only smh at how creepy the parents were and the kids were all dressed the same.  Girls with the same clothing, long hair, eyes very seldom raised. Boys same clothes, same short hair cut.  Not allowed to have friends outside of the cult. older children had to raise the younger ones."Stepford kids"  Sickening.   From what I hear from my police friends, child molesters are considered as low as you can go on the totem pole in prison.  Hope the judge pays no mind to the mother's letter and gives the maximum sentence allowed.  That smirk will be off Josh's face in no time.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Oh, my ....   

Well, if anyone was still on the fence about whether these people are crazy or not .... this should topple them off.   

I know this would never happen, but I still think if people have to take a written and road test to be able to operate a motor vehicle, they should also be able to prove at least minimal competence before becoming a parent.  

These people are nuts ....  and a different version of stupid.  How sad that these people think having the more kids, the better.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Bri369   I agree, but it irks me she just stands there with that insipid smile plastered on her face.

Josh could get 20 years and a $250,000.00 fine for each count.  I hope he never sees the light of day. And throw his dusty backside in general population too.

What I observe with women like Michelle .... she really isn't a "grown woman".  Actually, she's just a "big child".  Too bad she couldn't be a better role model for all those daughters.  This is just awful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole family (the adults) were wolves in sheep's clothing.

I've noticed that whenever someone gets overly involved in the trappings and minutia of a system or way of thought, they eventually forget the greater purpose of it all. And that's when they start to justify and say and do really strange things.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Regardless of what he's accused of, she's his mother and she loves him.  The same with his wife and his friends, they are just hoping he doesn't get the maximum sentence.  And they are rationalizing to diminish what he did.  But tender heart... seriously?

Esteemed Contributor

Just a couple of days ago I watched a show on Netflix about a fertility doctor who unbeknownst to his many patients over a number of years fathered many of the children of his patients.  This show talked in depth about the Doctor's background and beliefs; he was an elder in a church that was part of the Quiverful movement.  This is the same church where Jim Bob is an elder.  This church seems to only have white members and that too is part of their belief system.

Respected Contributor

Another bunch of religious phonies. 

And what the he** is wrong with his wife? And why isn't his in laws pulling their daughter and grandchildren away from the pedophile

Valued Contributor

He deserves the maximum sentence!!!! Let him and his “tender heart”🙄rot in jail!!!
Honored Contributor

Pedophiles and sexual abusers are very often "charming".  That's how they attract and groom their victims, and pull the wool over everyone else's eyes.

Pure evil, with a black heart.  I hope he never sees the outside of a prison again and I sincerely hope he gets a taste of his own medicine, since he seems to like it.

No words for his mother, family or friends asking for leniency.  The parents and his wife certainly knew of his proclivities and they should also be held responsible.

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

Another bunch of religious phonies. 

And what the he** is wrong with his wife? And why isn't his in laws pulling their daughter and grandchildren away from the pedophile

@scatcat  Because they're all part of the Quiverful movement as the previous poster said. Have as many kids as you can have, don't associate with anyone outside of the movement, men are in charge, you have your older kids raise the younger ones even if the oldest is six or seven because you're busy having more babies, etc.etc...