Esteemed Contributor

I Have Been Busy!

[ Edited ]

I have a tree that is on my next door neighbor's property, but has branches that extends on to my side of the fence.

They were growing right on to my roof and in to an electrical line that runs from my house to my detached garage.

I bought a 7.5 foot pole saw and cut what I could that was on my side of the fence.

Here's my pile of green waste.

IMG_20201017_141530.jpg

With all of that gone, it lets a lot more light in.

Another added bonus is it keeps the opossums (or overgrown rats as I call them) off of my roof!

Now, I just need to find someone to haul away everything that I have cut!😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: I Have Been Busy!

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819    Is there a Next Door app for your neighborhood?  It's a great place to advertise for help for humdrum tasks like yard waste removal.

https://nextdoor.com/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Off topic but I've been wanting to ask you whatever happened to the dog and sheep stuck on the mountain near you. I realize it's been a while.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Kachina624  Off topic but I've been wanting to ask you whatever happened to the dog and sheep stuck on the mountain near you. I realize it's been a while.

@colliemom4 

I read that both dog and sheep were rescued.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4 

I read that both dog and sheep were rescued.

@Anonymous032819  That's great. Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 : Nice job! Perhaps there's a gardener who works in your neighborhood who would haul it away for you. 

Alternately, if you could cut it down into small sections, and bag it, possibly your local trash pickup service would take it.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor
Our electric co has to keep trees away from the power lines. They contract with tree cutters to come and do that and the limbs and other debris is hauled away.
I live on a wooded lot and they have been in my yard many times over the years to do that work.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@colliemom4   The next day, some boys in the family climbed up to the sheep, got one started on a path down and I guess the others followed.  All's well that ends well.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I Have Been Busy!

[ Edited ]

Good for you for cutting the tree limb that was encroching on your space.

But I adore possums. They are so smart and such good mothers, love em. I love most animals, not many exceptions. Edited to add, I can understand why you wouldn't want them pitterpattering on your roof!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I hope you shut off the breaker feeding the line to your garage!  Very dangerous!!