Respected Contributor

I don't think 10 is all that unusual these days. I know what you mean though. My mother had an hourglass figure like Marilyn. No, I'm built like my Dad. Wide shoulders, all up top, no butt. Lol. We don't always get the best of the deal.. I do have a size 6 foot though hehe. 

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

Sorry, I do understand about wanting fashionable, fun, or cute shoes.

No offense ment, but are you able to walk and stand on them w/o pain?

If so, I'll gladly exchange my size 7, arthritic, painful feet for yours.

No shoe joy here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: I Hate My Feet!

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

@Plaid Pants2

My flat feet could have qualified me as a 4F, which means I could opt out should I have been drafted for the US Army. I chose to join and serve our country, in spite of being able to avoid the draft.

My flat feet have created many problems over many decades, including being a contributor to back surgery. They also allowed me to live my passions in ice skating sports and running 100's of Road Races. 

Buying hockey skates was not easy. Buying running shoes, even harder. Flat, and my Right foot being 1 complete shoe size bigger than my Left. Running over 100+ plus miles a month with 1 shoe fitting very loose, equals lots of blisters.

All that being said, my feet are a big part of what made the best parts of my life, and still carry me everywhere I want to walk and/or skate. I choose to look at my feet as an optimist for all they have allowed me to do. Others may choose, for whatever reason, to look at them differently?

"I Love My Feet"

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I hate my feet too, size 10 usually wide. Shoe shopping is a nightmare for me. My ankles are slim but across the foot is wide.

I am 5'10" so I suppose I would look strange with small feet. Used to hate being tall but now I love it. My feet however are big ugly boats but what can I do. Happy to have them.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 you are so funny.  I have rather large feet and was just thinking how happy size 8's would make me.  My mom wore 8's and we could share shoes when I was in the 4th grade.

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Be happy you have two feet.  I have one.  Though you said it jokingly that you were contemplating cutting off your feet and getting new ones, you never know your audience.

Prosthetics have come a long way since my first one but it is still not any easy task getting stylish shoes to fit properly. 

------------

Sorry, we should not joke.  My FIL had both legs amputated and got around amazingly well.  

Super Contributor
@Plaidpants --- If you buy those 5" exotic heels, you shouldn't wear them very often or soon you'll have more to worry about than just finding your size.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2. I feel badly you can't find the shoes of your dreams and worse that you've not focused on some of your positive attributes instead of the feet you don't like.

My feet are size 8M, a gift from my Dad who wore size 14 but was over 6' tall. I'm only 5'1". I've always had feet too big for the rest of me...I was bullied that "At least I'll never fall over" or  "Why are you wearing the boxes and not the shoes". I felt subconscious in flats as a young girl because they made my feet look longer. 

Long story short:  I've learned to accept what I can't change & purchase standout shoes that are red or turquoise to set off a black outfit. There are far worse things than big feet.

Respected Contributor
@plaidpants2 ... I am sorry you feel that way about your feet. Lol. Your post was a bit comical to read. Hope you can find a pair of shoes that are attractive and that you like for your feet..👠
Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2...I feel you, really I do. I have Fred Flintstone feet. I wear an 8 1/2 W. I technically measure a WW, but I can usually get away with regular wide. I can wear Vionics and Clarks in regular W, thank goodness. Otherwise I would have a much harder time. I can't wear heels anymore either. At least it's easier to get decent looking shoes these days with the advent of Zappos and other retailers who offer extended sizes. It was a lot tougher years ago. As a kid in the 60's, it was only ugly shoes, really ugly shoes for me. I try to be positive and remind myself that I am lucky my feet work-etc.-Smiley Happy