Esteemed Contributor

I wanted to thank everybody for their well wishes for my birthday yesterday.

I didn't do to much, except take it easy. 

My dad and I went out for dinner at a seafood restaurant, called The Sea Grill.

http://seagrillrestauranteureka.com/

They have wonderful food, and even better service.

For an appetiser, I had 

Caviar Kumamotos

local, on the half shell, topped with creme fraiche and a generous portion of black tobiko caviar.

For my dinner, I had Alaskan King crab legs, with drawn butter, while my dad had the halibut. 

All-in-all, it was an enjoyable, pleasent evening.

Then, on the way home, I was stopped at a light. I was second in line at the light, when I heard this loud, unmistakable sound of metal hitting metal with force.

I gasped, as I saw a car spin around, glass flying everywhere, before coming to rest. The passenger side was compleatly totaled, and the side-impact curtain had inflated.

The car that did the hitting, pulled over to the curb. 

I thought about pulling over to see if everybody was okay, but I didn't have my cell phone with me, and I really don't know what I could have done to help.

Apparently, the car that did the hitting, was going the wrong way, on a one way street.

The car that got hit, was trying to go across the srteet, which has three lanes.

Here's the story.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/oct/24/two-car-accident-downtown-eureka/

I have had close calls myself with wrong-way drivers.

I have decided to invest in a dash-cam, because if (Heaven forbid!) I get in to an accident, I want evidence that I wasn't at fault.

Other than that though, I had a pretty good birthday.

Again, I want to thank everybody for their birthday well wishes. :-)

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I have decided to invest in a dash-cam, because if (Heaven forbid!) I get in to an accident, I want evidence that I wasn't at fault.

Perhaps you would be the one at fault.  You just never know....

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a very careful driver, and I obey all traffic laws. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Had a Good Birthday

[ Edited ]

I wonder if the wrong way driver,had been drinking,i did not read the news,you posted,i had something happen this week,i ran out of gas ,on the busiest road in town, my gas gage is broke, i bet 50 cars passed by me, finally one young man ,stopped to see if he could help me, he pushed me off the busy road,to a side road, i was really concerned about getting hit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I wonder if the wrong way driver,had been drinking,i did not read the news,you posted,i had something happen this week,i ran out of gas ,on the busiest road in town, my gas gage is broke, i bet 50 cars passed by me, finally one young man ,stopped to see if he could help me, he pushed me off the busy road,to a side road, i was really concerned about getting hit.

The article didn't say if the wrong-way driver had been drinking, but that person isn't the first person to drive the wrong way on that street.

I, myself have come across someone driving the wrong way on that street. 

It has three lanes, all going in the same direction,

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm a very careful driver, and I obey all traffic laws. 

Everyone makes mistakes at some time or other and can get distracted for a second or two no matter how careful a driver.   IMO you can't say for sure that a traffic accident wouldn't ever be your fault.  If your reason for getting a dashboard cam is as you state - to prove an accident would be the other person's fault - I'd save your money because you can't know that.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd have the video evidence showing what happened.

That can't be argued.

Unlike with just verbal testamony.

Valued Contributor

Thank goodness you had a young man that was kind enough to stop.  I actually think in more people would like to stop but are scared.  I teach my daughters to stop, with doors locked and offer their cell phones out the window only as low as the window needs to be to get the phone through.  At least you can call someone or dial HP.  Glad it worked out for you and you are safe.

Valued Contributor

Happy belated Birthday!  Sounds like you had a great one that will give you memories to last a lifetime!    Wishes for many more.

Everyone should have a dash cam at all times IMHO.  U never know when they will be needed.  

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you had such a nice birthday!

Plaid, we're supposed to stop if we've seen an accident.  It's important. 

You were a witness to what happened, and witnesses need to make sure someone calls for help.  I always call anyway, even if others are around.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices