Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had a wonderful meal and stayed safe afterward!  Happy belated birthday!  A dear friend of mine insists birthdays should be celebrated for one full week.  Sounds good to me.  

Honored Contributor

I am happy that you enjoyed your day and had what sounds like an amazing dinner with your Dad.Too bad you had to see the car accident but thankfully you weren't involved.The dash cam sounds like a great idea and something I should think about too.

i thought I should tell you something cute that I heard yesterday about birthdays.The little guy turned 3 and everyone sang and clapped but the next day when he woke up his mom asked how it felt to be three and he said,"that was only for yesterday and today I am 2 again."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Had a Good Birthday

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven wrote:

I'm glad you had such a nice birthday!

Plaid, we're supposed to stop if we've seen an accident.  It's important. 

You were a witness to what happened, and witnesses need to make sure someone calls for help.  I always call anyway, even if others are around.

I did not see the impact, I only heard it. 

Cops were called.

I did NOT have my cell phone with me. I could not have called anybody.

I don't have any medical training, and therefore could not offer any assistance.

All I know, is I heard a loud "BOOM", saw car spinning, and glass flying.

THAT'S.

IT.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm a very careful driver, and I obey all traffic laws. 

Everyone makes mistakes at some time or other and can get distracted for a second or two no matter how careful a driver.   IMO you can't say for sure that a traffic accident wouldn't ever be your fault.  If your reason for getting a dashboard cam is as you state - to prove an accident would be the other person's fault - I'd save your money because you can't know that.

Since it's her dash cam, she can use any footage,that was recorded, at her discretion; so if she were at fault, she would accept responsibility, but she would not have to supply the other party with evidence she recorded.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Belated birthday!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Wow plaid pants, looks yummy and tg you're safe.  Enjoy this birthday year!!

Respected Contributor

Your dinner sounded delicious and thank God you were not involved in the accident. Wishing you a Belated Happy Birthday to you and many, many more to come

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
New Contributor

I also wish u a belated bday! U are very lucky that u have people or family who remember. Mine was last month and very sad. Its just nice to get cards and have a cake and have family that care, I dont. But sorry to digress. I also agree with ur post, Noel, I would  do it automatic and hope someone would help me as I am sure u would want the same. 

Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

Since it's her dash cam, she can use any footage,that was recorded, at her discretion; so if she were at fault, she would accept responsibility, but she would not have to supply the other party with evidence she recorded.

Are you a mindreader?

You know this how?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sailor_moon wrote:

Are you a mindreader?

You know this how?

Because I am a responsible adult, and it would be the right thing to do.

Any more questions?