Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Got Run Off The Road Today

We’ve made some progress against drunk driving but we need to have harsher penalties for distracted driving. I have seen people with their heads down, likely texting, while I’m driving. Also, the consoles of cars can be so filled with gadgets, gizmos, and data, that I am sure that is distracting too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherrywrote:

I wouldn't chase someone down to get a license number . You never know who owns a gun, and might use it

Ain't that the truth, hard to believe that in this day and age, anyone would suggest a ridiculous thing as that.  And then do what?  As far as I know, the police wouldn't be able to fly back in time to witness the event and alleging some car with some license plate number ran you off the road would pointless.   There was no accident, there was no contact and nothing happened.  On top of that,  anyone who had that experience would be pretty shaken and you'd have to put the car in park and sit for a minute to collect yourself.   By the time you decided to be chase down the suspect....she'd have been long gone.  Distracted driving is huge problem today.  We can drive as safely as we can and we can drive defensively but we cannot control what other drivers do.  

Respected Contributor

I was a passenger in a car of the driver (age 55+) who was texting while driving-scary.

I was glad when his wife in the front passenger seat insisted he cease and desist!

People are idiots.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99wrote:

I was never run off the road, but this goes to show you how childish men can be. My husband drives a truck and there were these kids in a souped up sports car next to us on a major highway stopped at a light. If you can imagine, my husband challenged the kid in the sports car. They revved their engines and of course the kid left my nutty husband in the dust. I was so surprised my husband would do something like that, I wanted to strangle him. I would never think of challenging another driver in any way and now I worry that my husband would.

It's a guy thing.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@blackhole99wrote:

I was never run off the road, but this goes to show you how childish men can be. My husband drives a truck and there were these kids in a souped up sports car next to us on a major highway stopped at a light. If you can imagine, my husband challenged the kid in the sports car. They revved their engines and of course the kid left my nutty husband in the dust. I was so surprised my husband would do something like that, I wanted to strangle him. I would never think of challenging another driver in any way and now I worry that my husband would.

It's a guy thing.

No, it’s an Idiot Human thing. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@fortunewrote:

@NickNack

So sorry that this happened to you!!  I'm glad you're O.K.!  I saw a woman the other day who was eating, drinking, and texting while "driving!"  I can't believe these people are so stupid and selfish that they endanger others' lives!  smilie_brutal_402.gif

@fortune

If they were ‘driving’, that means the car was in motion.

And providing us w/ that much detail makes me think

were you not providing the needed attention to your driving?

Eyes should be on the road....not the gal next to you. 

@sidsmom

You are soooooo right!  However, I was stopped at a light!

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

@NickNackwrote:

I was on my way home today and about two minutes from my house.  There was a car coming toward me halfway in my lane.  I had to go off the road to avoid getting hit.  She was doing something other than driving, but I'm not sure what.  She may have been talking to a passenger or talking on her phone.  She finally saw me after she would have hit me had I not gone off the road.  It's just grass that I had to get over in fortunately.  Scared me!

You don't happen to live in the Atlanta area do you? Just asking because LR was doing another of her live chats while driving from wherever her dad lives to the airport in Atlanta and doing a lot of looking at and chatting with her passenger as well as frequently checking herself out in her dashboard monitor......so maybe it was her.

@shaggygirl

You're so right!  I remember how often she would check herself in the monitor when selling products on QVC!

Honored Contributor

TEXTING !

Honored Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@blackhole99wrote:

It's a guy thing.

Like I said, it's a guy thing.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@blackhole99wrote:

It's a guy thing.

Like I said, it's a guy thing.

Not my man.

Maybe yours....but not mine, thank you very much.