Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Forget Sunday Is Mother's Day.

@NicksmomESQ  It is not that my kids and I are not close, we enjoy spending time together.

Now, me, I hate being made a fuss over.  When I had my hip surgery the year before my husband died, he took me to the hospital intending to be there when I got out of surgery.

I kicked him out and told him to go home. I called him when I was done. It was only hip surgery and not heart transplant. I didn't need him hovering around.

After I got home it drove me crazy with him asking if I needed anything every 2 minutes. Stop fussing.

Honored Contributor

My mom has been gone 30 years, she died young - 62 years old.  I am not a mother so no celebrating here.  I am a stepmother, when the girls were younger they remembered me with a card and sometimes flowers.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   You sound a little like me....no fussing for me please...down to when I pass away....I don't want a send off.

Even when I married I wanted to elope, DH would not hear of it. I was so uncomfortable with all the attention, the photos show it, ha, ha...

Esteemed Contributor

When my son was in college he came home one Mother's Day weekend and had purchased 2 lilac trees/bushes.  He and his Dad planted them so every year I still get lilacs from that gift.  In fact I noticed they have buds now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs    Yep.  I was standing in the little room at the church waiting for the music to start, I turned to my Dad and said, "I should have eloped?"  I knew all those folks were going to turn and look at me when I walked in.  

I also hate, abhor and detest having my picture taken.

Honored Contributor

My Mom just turned 87 this week.   Even with her advancing dementia, I am thankful she is across the road in her home, and I am able to do special things that make her happy and make life a little easier.   

My daughters always make the day special, but as much as I enjoy their shower of love on Mother's Day, their presence and love shown on the 364 other days of the year are far more important to me.   

Esteemed Contributor

Love any Holiday that I can be with my family .  During my career years of working full time, I  was required to work numerous holidays every year . Now, I am so pleased to not be working on the holidays. I love to reminisce with family about our family members who are deceased but who stay alive in our thoughts . To me family is very important. I believe that  family get togethers  serve an  important role in children developing a sense of belonging .

Honored Contributor

I'm excited because I get to see my DD.  I've only seen her twice since the beginning of January because of the pandemic.  She and her boyfriend are coming over and bringing dinner.  I will provide wine & dessert.

Esteemed Contributor

My kids are scattered with their own families but always receive calls.  My mom is gone but I have great memories as a kid celebrating her special day as my kids did when they were kids for me.  I have great relationships with my kids all year and that is so much more important than one day a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

My Mom is a no fuss kind of Mom. I have always bought her a card, candy,

new shirt, jewelry since I was a teenager. Now that she is older and has

everything she needs, I just spend the day with her and take a nice dinner

to her and enjoy cake for dessert.

Just the simple things. Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers.

download (16).jpg