Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Dreamed of My Dad Today

@Anonymous032819  It's a gift, isn't it...to dream of lost loved ones.  I'll dream of my DH from time to time.  Each time when I wake up I write down as much as I can remember.  Not to try to figure it out, what it means...just to re-read and remember whenever I want.  I love those dreams.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

A dream is a wish your heart makes

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my Dad died I was so devastated and heartbroken.  One morning I thought I was awake and when I looked up from my bed my Dad was standing next to me and he was zipping up his favorite jacket and I when I asked him not to leave he told me he had to, and then just like that I woke up.  My Dad was the most kind, handsome and smartest man I've ever known.

Honored Contributor

The only person that is dead who I miss is my Gram. I never see her in my dreams, but when I'm very upset about something and need comfort she comes to me at night when I'm in bed, I can smell her. It's just the most spiritual thing and has never freaked me out, my Gram died when I was 19 and I'm 69 now.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00 @blackhole99

Such sweet comments from both of you ❤❤
Respected Contributor

I njoy reading about other people's dreams and their thoughts of their loved ones who've passed.

I don't dream of my Dad often, but one I do remember vividly was a couple years ago. 

Most people seem to think "they" visit us in our dreams.  But in this dream I was the one to visit him.  I was travelling thru the Universe at the speed of light and my Dad met me in space.  He was dressed in a black suit with bow tie, his hair combed neatly and his brown eyes sparkled.  He was probably about 35-40 yrs. old.  He didn't speak.  He held out his arms - outstretched - and I took his hands and told him I wanted to go where he was. 

Suddenly he let go of my hands and I fell back to earth into my bed and woke up.  I was so disappointed to wake up back here on Earth.

Anyway, I hope you have more dreams and may they be sweet dreams.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

I don't dream of my deceased parents very often but I do remember one dream I had about my Dad.  

I was sitting at the table in the kitchen of the house I grew up in and talking to my Dad.   It's been over 50 years since I lived in that house but every detail was exactly as I remembered from years ago.  

I saw my Dad vividly in my dream and he looked and sounded the same as he did 50 years ago before he passed away.

I don't recall exactly what we were talking about but my husband woke me up because he said I was crying in my dream.  

That dream stayed with me for days.   I have no idea why I was crying because the dream was very pleasant.   It was just like my Dad was back with me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty much all of my deceased loved ones have come to me in my dreams; my MIL screams my name when my husband is experiencing a low blood sugar episode.  

I have heard my dad speak my name.  

My maternal grandparents came to me in a dream when my mom was sick and refusing to go to the doctor.   Papaw told me to tell mom it wasn’t her time, and get herself to the doctor!   I told her exactly what her dad had said, and she agreed to get ready to go.   

My aunt who committed suicide appeared in a dream standing with my uncle, holding hands.  They were both smiling.   I carried so much anger towards my aunt for taking her life, and for years I prayed to be able to let go of that anger.  After that dream, I realized my anger was gone, and knowing she is reunited with my uncle, makes me happy.   

My paternal grandparents passed when I was a teenager, and their deaths hit me very hard.   After my dad passed 15 years ago, I realized how I still “feel” him here, and also how I “feel” my grandparents as well.   They loved this farm so much, and worked so hard here, I think a part of them just never left.   

All of my messages from loved ones have made me happy.

Frequent Contributor

This makes me so sad.  I think of my mom and pray for something like what all of you have stated.  Nothing.  I somehow feel like this is a test of my faith.  It causes me to doubt the afterlife.  Thanks to everyone for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Love reading all these posts.  I must say I have never had any of the experiences described -  Would like to as I dearly miss my parents but no-one seems to visit me.  Ah well!  Happy for all of you.