Esteemed Contributor

I'm afraid this is going to be another Katrina.

Honored Contributor

Stay safe and don't go outside.  🙏🙏🙏🙏

Respected Contributor

Please be safe, don't go out and especially don't try to drive though flooded areas. Praying for all of you. I was affected by Hurricane Matthew last year so I know what it is like to be hunkered down by a hurricane. It is all very stressful. 

Valued Contributor

Someone being interviewed on TV said not to go up into the attic unless you have something (an axe?) that would allow you to hack a hole in the roof.  He said people go up there as the water rises but then get trapped and drown.  This is all very distressing.  They have two groups of three people walking in calf-deep water in Houston on the TV right now.  One group looks like residents and one group looks like they might be rescuers, though they're not in uniform. 

One tragic report said a woman went out in her car and ended up drowning. 

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I live in Houston and the rain doesn't stop.

@QVCPhobe   Prayers being sent your way!

images.png

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

Someone being interviewed on TV said not to go up into the attic unless you have something (an axe?) that would allow you to hack a hole in the roof.  He said people go up there as the water rises but then get trapped and drown.  This is all very distressing.  They have two groups of three people walking in calf-deep water in Houston on the TV right now.  One group looks like residents and one group looks like they might be rescuers, though they're not in uniform. 

One tragic report said a woman went out in her car and ended up drowning. 

@OfCourse  Hi and welcome to Community Chat!

If I heard the report correctly she tried to turn around and at that point the way she came in flooded and she was trapped between two flooded areas.

The "Turn Around Don't Drown" is good advice when barriers are in place or even if there is water on the road but in this flooding you can try to turn around and in an instant the way you came in has become flooded.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Super Contributor

I live in Houston also...you are not alone. Stay inside! Keep posting to let us know you are ok.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I'm afraid this is going to be another Katrina.

I am afraid of this too. @happycat

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor
I live in North Houston and my area has been spared
from flooding. I own a commercial kitchen and have offered
boxed lunches for stranded victims however so many of the
major highways and exits are under water that we cannot
get to the people in need. I just heard that rescue boats
and trucks coming from other cities and states can not
get here. You would have thought our mayor would have
had help in place since extensive flooding was predicted.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCPhobe and everyone else in the area, Stay safe. I have lots of family there. Keeping everyone covered in prayer.