Honored Contributor

This is not looking good for the Texas Gulf coast.  The storm surges alone will be devastating.

I'm inland and this is still being called our hurricane, too, with days of rain, rain, rain.

Please be safe everyone; get ready with your supplies. 

Remember:  Turn Around Don't Drown.  Even if the barriers/gates are not closed they are still there as a reminder that the particular road is susceptible.

Have a "go-bag" ready; some clothing, essential papers, meds, etc.   Keep your cell phones charged as long as possible.

Nature is going to do what nature is going to do and I am sending out good thoughts to everyone in the major path of this storm.

Heart

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hurricane Harvey

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3, Thank you.  I'm as ready as I'm going to get. I'm going to work in awhile, I'm scheduled early tomorrow but I'm telling my Boss to get someone else. We have 100% rain predicted and I drive a Charger, not going to risk it. Not worth it for part time work.

You and your family stay safe.

Honored Contributor

To everyone in the path of the storm, please be safe, stay positive and have faith!

Image result for sending good thoughts pics

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dh and I are heading out to get a few things-ok honestly we are heading out to get some snacks to sit out the days of rain. 

Have enough food and water, and other non-food essentials.  Learned that a long time ago dealing with Nor'Easters and other snow storms.

I hope those of you along the coast can stay in touch;  I am concerned for all of you.

Flooding wil be our biggest concern but they are saying the wind could pick up for us, too, by Saturday lasting a few days.

Already cleaned up our patio just in case the winds pick up as potentially forecasted right now. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Saw this on the news last night and the rainfall totals are staggering that they are predicting.

Those that need to go, please take time to put some things together and go. Water is so powerful and I can't imagine the flooding that will come to some areas with that kind of rainfall totals.

Be safe, all in the path, and stay connected to those who worry about you as best as you can.

Will be watching and praying for all affected.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3

Be careful & stay save! 💛

IMG_2704.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Please stay safe, everyone, and listen to instructions.

Don't be a hero!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Prayers for everyone to be safe during this hurricane.  Also, please watch out for and take care of the animals.  Humans and furbabies be safe.  

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3, thoughts and prayers are with you all. Dr. Carl Parker(TWC) keeps reiterating that being inland is just about as dangerous as being directly on the coast and is urging people to go far and away....like Fort Worth or Dallas.

It's a terrible situation. With so much of the petroleum industry concentrated on the coastal region, gas prices are going to go through the roof. I never understood what's with all the refineries in such a location....I am afraid of an ecological disaster....

It's a bad situation and recovery is going to take a very long time.

The governor is smart: he has already declared 30 counties disaster zones, so on a federal level, disaster relief will go into effect immediately.

Are you considering leaving your area at this point?

Stay safe dear friend....and please try to keep in touch if you can.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

This is the first I have heard of Hurricane Harvey.  I think there are so many weather related catastrophes now the news does not cover them like they used to.  Stay safe everyone.