Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Cakers3, thoughts and prayers are with you all. Dr. Carl Parker(TWC) keeps reiterating that being inland is just about as dangerous as being directly on the coast and is urging people to go far and away....like Fort Worth or Dallas.

It's a terrible situation. With so much of the petroleum industry concentrated on the coastal region, gas prices are going to go through the roof. I never understood what's with all the refineries in such a location....I am afraid of an ecological disaster....

It's a bad situation and recovery is going to take a very long time.

The governor is smart: he has already declared 30 counties disaster zones, so on a federal level, disaster relief will go into effect immediately.

Are you considering leaving your area at this point?

Stay safe dear friend....and please try to keep in touch if you can.

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2   You are so sweet.  I'm near San Antonio so flooding is a big given anyway around here.  The wind predictions have us a tad concerned.  Thankfully we are a bit higher than some others so the rain does tend to rush by but the ground simply cannot absorb so much water, even if we had the best of ground soil.

And they are saying for those leaving the coast to travel at least 200 miles away!  We are 130-150 miles away so that tells everyone just how severe this storm is becoming.

I do hope our good posters near or on the coast are doing ok-they really have it the worst.  They are the ones I am really concerned about. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I went to the store and got dog food and water and while I was checking out they said lucky you we're out of water now. My husband went to Lowes and it was a madhouse. People were trying to get generators. 

Honored Contributor

It is illegal to take sand from the beaches to fill sand bags but some people do not want to wait in line so they are hitting the beaches for sand anyway. 

I understand the desperation but I also understand the eco-considerations.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

In addition to Texas, I'd like to add prayers for New Orleans.  The city was flooded a few weeks ago with most of the pumps and overflows failing.  I just don't think they can take much more water.

Everyone be safe, please remember your fur babies and take them with you.  

I'm on alert for flooded animal shelters, or other animal rescue in that whole area.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3, Paul Goodlowe (sic) interviewed a couple of people about your general area-please take care...... It just sounds like your area is in trouble!

Hugs-sincerely- horrible, scary situation . Been bcc there- done that- don't wanna do that again!

Hugs,.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Stay safe everyone

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Regular Contributor

Please everyone in that area be safe.  I am so thankful I have no family in that area but for this coming to those that live there or do I am so sad. I hope it does not occur.  

Respected Contributor

@Drythe, I remember when Phil Johnson was anist...Memories....

nhugs