Esteemed Contributor

Hundreds & hundreds of pieces of junkmail

Decided to just let my junk folder at hotmail run rampant for a couple of days just to see how fast it loaded up. So closing in on 900 over 3 days. You all probably know that if you just run your cursor over the addy it's coming from it shows up. It is AMAZING (to me) how many of them, probably the majority, on every subject under the sun come from the same place called @opensubscriber.online What comes before that is sometimes a name and sometimes a jumble of letters/numbers. Quite a few coming from the UK as well.

I can't find much info about who or what that is but geez louise they must be charge of sending out spam for hundreds and hundreds of people/places/whatever. Wish somebody would shut them down. I've reported quite a few from them but it does no good. 

Just saying. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hundreds & hundreds of pieces of junkmail

[ Edited ]

Have you blocked those email addresses?    

Trusted Contributor

I know the feeling.  I'm amazed when I look in that folder and the number of emails that end up there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart   Blocking is only blocking them from my inbox, not my junk folder.

Honored Contributor

DH's email is always filled with junk mail.

I get none.

Nobody likes me.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

If you’re getting that kind of volume of junk mail/spam your email has probably been compromised and you may want to consider getting a new email address.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Blocking addresses really doesn't have any effect on spammers. They just change their address slightly each time and it slips around the block.

"bythistrash@trash.com" becomes "buythistrash@trash.com". For awhile I could block the domain, so nothing from "trash.com" came thru. But now they change those as well, often to long strings of random gibberish. The only thing you can do is just ignore and delete. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

DH's email is always filled with junk mail.

I get none.

Nobody likes me.  LOL

@Cakers3 

Be happy nobody likes you! My main e-mail addy doesn't get any junk except for once every couple of months I get something from Marriot. It's just hotmail where it floods in. Didn't used to be that way. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hotmail seems the worst.  I no longer allow it to show.  Just let the spam play with itself.  I do use it for those I never to hear from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes,  enormous amount of emails in my junk.  I found out early that taking the time to unsubscibe was not time efficient....they kept sending or frustrating to find that I couldn't unsubscribe, or they keep sending after I did unsubscribe.  I just purge the junk mail daily.