Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hundreds & hundreds of pieces of junkmail

That’s a lot of junk mail.  I have several email accounts with Hotmail/Outlook.  I use one for ordering online, one for signing up for things, totally used for junky stuff (that gets the most spam), one for family/friends (no spam).  I had to change my family/friend email account recently because I made the mistake of sending a photo from my phone to an environmental group.  After that I was besieged with junk mail.  I knew it had been compromised so I was no longer comfortable using it.  I closed that account and opened a new email account, letting my family/friends know.  No more spam, at least for now. 

Honored Contributor

I always get more junk email after I have done my holiday shopping online. If I don’t delete daily, I can easily have 700-800 emails in a couple of days. Although they say they don’t, it’s obvious some sites sell email addresses. Hitting the
“unsubscribe” link doesn’t work if they ask you for your email address....they already have it...they just take the box where you type it and forward it to their buyers.
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@CalminHeart   Blocking is only blocking them from my inbox, not my junk folder.

What system do you use? I have an Apple Mac and when I block an email, it blocks it from my inbox and junk folder.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@CalminHeart   Blocking is only blocking them from my inbox, not my junk folder.

What system do you use? I have an Apple Mac and when I block an email, it blocks it from my inbox and junk folder.  

I have a Dell desktop/Windows 10 and use IE and Chrome browsers........if that's what you're asking. And an Ipad.