Honored Contributor

Cute Picture! You should submit it for a photo contest.  I am trying to attract hummingbirds again this year.  I just bought a cheap feeder as I was not sure if I would be successful.  Now I am thinking I should have gotten one with a perch to rest on.  They are coming around occasionally but not daily or maybe I am missing them. Oh well....I will wait until I have a traffic jam at the feeder to step up to a new one.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

That's the cutest picture ever!

I would print it out and frame it.

@CelticCrafter  That's a great idea!  I'll do that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

BEST. PICTURE. EVER...

Trusted Contributor

I have several feeders for the hummers.  Most times they try to hit they feeder while I'm taking it back out after filling one of them.  If I'm working in the yard, and get too close to the feeder, they will squawk and dive bomb me.  Sometimes they'll sit on one tomato cage and squawk at me while I'm working at the next one.  I have a couple feeder hangers that attach to windows with suction cups.  Those are really fun.  When the handyman mows, they like to give him grief, with dive bombs and squawks.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

I have several feeders for the hummers.  Most times they try to hit they feeder while I'm taking it back out after filling one of them.  If I'm working in the yard, and get too close to the feeder, they will squawk and dive bomb me.  Sometimes they'll sit on one tomato cage and squawk at me while I'm working at the next one.  I have a couple feeder hangers that attach to windows with suction cups.  Those are really fun.  When the handyman mows, they like to give him grief, with dive bombs and squawks.

My daughter has the same problem...they dive bomb her hubby when he cuts the grass...LOL

Respected Contributor

I like hummingbirds and all their beautiful colors, however I love your kitty Henry more.Smiley Happy

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

Love your photo of the hummer and Henry! Today I took down one of my feeders to take it inside to fill. I didn't realize there was a hummingbird apparently ready to get his drink. He flew behind me as I went inside and flew around the sliding glass door until I came back out with his newly filled bottle of nectar! As soon as I hung it up, he settled right in! They're smart little guys and girls!

Esteemed Contributor

I just love Henry and Frankie too

Respected Contributor

This video on the tube would drive your sweet Henry crazy...lol...one of my faves! Be sure and watch till the very end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI6pXpPf2BE

Honored Contributor

Re: Hummingbirds

[ Edited ]

I used to have a hummingbird feeder but it got to be too much trouble cleaning it and refilling, not to mention the ants were a constant issue.

Now I plant flowers that they like.  They seem pretty happy with that solution.

They are loving the salvia especially.  

@NickNack

I agree with the other posters.  The photo is outstandingly adorable.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.