Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@NickNack

OMG, how precious!  From the back, Henry's markings look almost identical to my Bogey's markings.  

Not only do I have a Hummer feeder on our terrace, but we also throw out some nuts every day for Bogey's squirrel friends to come by .... he just loves all his visitors!

BTW ......  you can have instant Hummingbird water if you heat about 1/2 cup less of water, throw in the sugar and stir thoroughly ..... and then throw in some ice cubes and stir till they are melted.   Speeds up the process .... can't let those little birdies wait for lunch!  

@Tinkrbl44  I saw him come by an hour ago, and the feeders are already up!  I made the nectar and put it in the feeders and put the feeders in the refrigerator for ten minutes.  Then I let it stand at room temperature for about 20 - 30 min. and it was cool enough to put up.  Your idea is good too!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@NickNack This is the most precious photo I have seen in a long time.  Love Henry watching the beautiful hummingbird.   Hummingbirds are so interesting to watch fly.  Great photo and thanks for sharing.   

Valued Contributor

@mimomof4 my thoughts exactly and to get Henry in the pic also was surreal.   Gotta love it. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

What a great pix. My wife mixes up the stuff for her hummingbird feeder regularly. She told me it is better to keep it fairly fresh to attract more birds. 

It is hung on 1 of the trees closest to our patio room, but not near as close as yours appears to be. We see them regularly, but they are not easy to see because of the background colors of our other trees and hills.

What a treat for Henry, our cats spend a lot of time bird watching through our floor length doors and windows in our patio room.

Thanks for sharing this great picture.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

What a darling picture....and Henry is too cute for words !❤️ ☺️

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone, for the compliments on Henry and the picture.  I have a bird feeder outside the screened in porch that Henry can see from the porch and also from the glass doors in the house.  I also have a feeder outside his room where he can sit on his cat tree and watch them.

He just got his cat tree recently and hasn't been getting on it on his own.  I put him on it daily and pet him while he's there.  Then he'll stay for a while when I leave the room.  I hope he'll start getting up on his own soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Henry wants to eat it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Beautiful Pic.  I have hummers, but I want Henry. He is awesome!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Re: Hummingbirds

[ Edited ]

That's the cutest picture ever!

I would print it out and frame it.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack very sweet picture. I love hummingbirds and feed them all summer. NO RED NECTAR. Henry is a darling.  Picture cheered me up which I really needed today.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth