Respected Contributor

Netflix streaming is very disapointing.  Very little new content or movies.  I am forced to buy Netflix DVD's also to get new releases.   We also have Amazon Prime which has streaming movies and shows.   Prime is better than Netflx.

Free is ROKU.   They have a free Roku channel and many others you can stream free.  If you like old movies there is the spaghetti western channel.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2  I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and SlingTV.

Each has different benefits.

Netflix has its own original programs that I like, especially "House of Cards", "Stranger Things", "Slasher" and several others. I also like many other programs I could not get elsewhere, such as Reign, Magnificent Century and many others.

Amazon Prime has many BBC programs that I like, streaming for free with my membership.

Hulu is not easy to navigate, but we have it for shows airing now that we see the day after they air. 

I just started a SlingTV subscription to view the new season of "The Walking Dead". It does have a TV Guide and is easier to navigate.

With all of those, it is still much cheaper per month than Cable, which gave us more sports channels than we wanted, and fewer of the channels we actually do view.

All have free trial periods to see if it is something you would enjoy.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

@Jordan2  I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and SlingTV.

Each has different benefits.

Netflix has its own original programs that I like, especially "House of Cards", "Stranger Things", "Slasher" and several others. I also like many other programs I could not get elsewhere, such as Reign, Magnificent Century and many others.

Amazon Prime has many BBC programs that I like, streaming for free with my membership.

Hulu is not easy to navigate, but we have it for shows airing now that we see the day after they air. 

I just started a SlingTV subscription to view the new season of "The Walking Dead". It does have a TV Guide and is easier to navigate.

With all of those, it is still much cheaper per month than Cable, which gave us more sports channels than we wanted, and fewer of the channels we actually do view.

All have free trial periods to see if it is something you would enjoy.

@CatLoverDogsToo, I am a Prime member and have never watched anything! Periodically Amazon sends me emails telling me I'm not getting the most out of my Prime membership. Seems the consensus is to go with Netflix.

Honored Contributor

We use Cable and Amazon Prime and Netflix. We use my sisters Netflix and pay our Cable and Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I like Netflix and I find that anything on Hulu will be on Amazon too.  If you have Amazon Prime many movies and series are free.  I also just subscribed to STARZ through Amazon.  I had it on our cable but we had to cut some channels due to the increase expense.  Starz was 1/2 the price through Amazon and I enjoy some of the original series like Power and Outlander.

Trusted Contributor

Hulu changed it's search interface/engine & it is no longer easy to find stuff that you might not know about.   I like to shop and browse titles to discover stuff.   Now it is not as easy as before to scan Hulu's inventory.   And they eliminated alot of British series (boo hiss).. Consequently,  I might cancel.  I do like that Hulu has a few original series, but Amazon has a lot of old good black and white B movies that are hard to find.  Netflix has a few good original series (The Crown) and I would not want to give them up.  There is also Acorn and Britbox.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hulu Or Netflix

[ Edited ]

Let's see, Hulu, Netflix, Sling, Amazon Fire, Roku and now live You Tube TV at 35.00 a month.  Add that all up and you get pretty close to the 90.00 plus something we pay for DirecTV.  I'm sticking with Satellite TV as long as we can afford it..  I HATE dinking around with this stuff.

Frequent Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Let's see, Hulu, Netflix, Sling, Amazon Fire, Roku and now live You Tube TV at 35.00 a month.  Add that all up and you get pretty close to the 90.00 plus something we pay for DirecTV.  I'm sticking with Satellite TV as long as we can afford it..  I HATE dinking around with this stuff.

I'm with you @depglass. Our time and effort dinking with it all is worth something as well.