Honored Contributor

I went to BB&B and bought a set of flannel sheets. They are premium sheets made in Portugal. I put them on the bed tonight and they are really big. The package says King not Cal King

I wonder if they made them big to allow for shrinkage? They weren't cheap sheets. They feel like they will be heavy weight flannel

Honored Contributor

The Northern Nights ones I bought here are huge too. I guess it's to have room for the extra thick mattresses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Huge sheets

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

The Northern Nights ones I bought here are huge too. I guess it's to have room for the extra thick mattresses. 

Thanks  I didn't think about that. Our last mattress was super thick. I should have

Honored Contributor

I think they are allowing for the thick mattresses.  I bought a set of fleece sheets last year at Costco and they are the same way.  Problem is fleece does not shrunk!

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a set of sheets at BB&B in 700 thread count Egyptian cotton and they are the best sheets ever.  Now that you say it they are not a super tight fit and they have deep pockets.  Used a coupon which made them an excellent price for the quality.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry  I'm happy to hear that.  I am looking for flannel sheets, I'm going to pop in there next week, thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I have a ummmm problem about sheets.  When I saw the word sheets, I had to click on.  I get my sheets and pillow cases pressed at the dry cleaners.  Don't bust on it until you've tried it.  It's wonderful!  I have noticed that some of my sheets don't fit tight, it drives me crazy!  

Another thing that causes issues is I like 800 to 1,000 count sheets on the bottome but I don't like them on top of me because they are heavy.  You can really feel the difference.  I have Fibromyalgia and any heaviness I can feel.

Another problem is the high count sheets cause my washer to 'travel' if I don't get it spread out right in the washer.  People who say there isn't a difference in the threat count must not have real high thread count because you can tell the difference immediately.

Take care ladies and have  wonderful Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

I have to tuck mine in extra far, but I'm also using them on a waterbed so it's not that thick. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

That seems to be a plus,and good thing,to me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I have had many flannel sheet sets over the years, they are usually made in Portugal, they are probably allowing room for new mattresses now that are up to 18 inches high.

Nice, microfleece plush sheets were featured on HSN last nite for a very good holiday price with free shipping, $5 coupon too on their site.