Esteemed Contributor

Anyone with Amazon Prime and issue with receiving packages in two days

Happened to come across my neighbor out in his yard today. I asked if the mail had come and then we got to talking about how late they have become lately.  He mentioned that he buys from Amazon, is a member of Prime and Amazon has been handingn off their deliveries to the the regular mail and the two day guarantee is not being honored. 

Anyone have this issue.  I have not and I am a Prime Member as well. 

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone with Amazon Prime and issue with receiving packages in two days

My orders are still coming in two days, unless I order on Thursday or Friday, the weekend adds days.  So far so good.

Honored Contributor

I get my stuff in two days, except for rare exceptions where there is an issue. But it's not very common for my stuff to be late. Even my things that are delivered by USPS. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Happened to come across my neighbor out in his yard today. I asked if the mail had come and then we got to talking about how late they have become lately.  He mentioned that he buys from Amazon, is a member of Prime and Amazon has been handingn off their deliveries to the the regular mail and the two day guarantee is not being honored. 

@bonnielu when I had Prime I started having this problem and contacted Amazon.  They added a month on to my subscription and the delays really decreased.  I would let your neighbor know to contact Amazon and they'll make it right.

Super Contributor

My things from Amazon Prime always arrive in two days and are delivered by the USPS. 

Honored Contributor

No, I have great luck with Amazon Prime.  I've even received things the SAME day.

Just about 1  1/2 weeks ago I ordered a kerosene heater and they guaranteed it WITHIN 2 days!  I received it the late afternoon of the 2nd day!

I've had really good luck with them.  Maybe it depends on where you live?

Honored Contributor

Very, very rarely have I had a Prime order not arrive within two business days.  

Of course, things can happen but it's been so rare that I don't even remember the last time a Prime order didn't arrive by the ETA given.

Lately, I've even been getting some USPS orders on Sundays for the last couple of months.  It must be a special service or something - I don't know. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I brought a cable modem the other day. It came with same day delivery without an extra fee with Prime.

I would say delivery rules are different. It depends on the item, and where you live, where the item is shipped from, and a promo like "Same Day Delivery"

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu, once in a while, Amazon sells Prime items that take a little longer.  When that's the case it will tell you on the item you choose.  Some items take 4-5 days to deliver (I've seen some items say 2-3 days).  If you don't see these extended dates for Prime, your items should arrive within two days. 

The handling of items from USPS or UPS to USPS is not under Amazon's control and their customer service team is superior to any I've ever come across.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

Occasionaly I have an item that says prime but then it is not available to be shipped until a later date.  My son receives his orders in two days, including Sundays.  Think it's because he is in a larger city.  I have had no problem with mine they can be either UPS or USPS.