Honored Contributor

How successful do you think this technique will be?  My QVC antenna station has a message on the screen proclaiming they will transmit audio only.  Talk about buying sight unseen!  Might as well make the Q a radio program.  Maybe QVC only paid half of their bill?

Truthfully, I also get it on Roku so really don't care.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 That's truly strange -  wonder if there's some highly technical explanation or if the money involved is the reason.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

How successful do you think this technique will be?  My QVC antenna station has a message on the screen proclaiming they will transmit audio only.  Talk about buying sight unseen!  Might as well make the Q a radio program.  Maybe QVC only paid half of their bill?

Truthfully, I also get it on Roku so really don't care.

@Kachina624    I got the SUPER BOWL broadcast in Spanish this year.......the "reason" being that buying the cable feed from Mexico was less expensive.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   What a bargain you found!  I have enough trouble keeping up with what they're doing in English.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi   What a bargain you found!  I have enough trouble keeping up with what they're doing in English.

@Kachina624     Ha (!!!)    I pay my cable provider HUGE bucks, and they said to mute the TV, and tune in to ESPN radio.     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Sounds like cost cutting to me. But what's the point unless you're blind.

Honored Contributor

I know some people keep qvc on to help them go to sleep so maybe they might use it so the light isn't flickering but gosh, other than that, seems pretty useless as it's not going to encourage sales. Maybe subliminal messages? Lol

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   Sounds like the old days of radio to me. Don't think I'd purchase something I could not see.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Sounds like cost cutting to me. But what's the point unless you're blind.

@SilleeMee   A bit cruel, but so very true.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I remember, a long time ago, when a caller thanked a host for explaining every detail about a garment on air and the caller went on to say that she appreciated that very much b/c she was blind and needed to hear it. I'll never forget that.