Honored Contributor

Re: How's Your Weather Today?

@BlueFinch wrote:

It was 98 in the shade in my TX yard at 5PM. I was doing errands today and it was very uncomfortable. No time to adjust yet to such sudden heat, when it's been pleasant prior. It's enough to deal with the drought and H2O restrictions. We don't need to bake. 

@BlueFinch    Its much too early for 98° in Texas.  I used to plan on turning my AC on by my son's birthday, April 18th, no earlier.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

It was 98 in the shade in my TX yard at 5PM. I was doing errands today and it was very uncomfortable. No time to adjust yet to such sudden heat, when it's been pleasant prior. It's enough to deal with the drought and H2O restrictions. We don't need to bake. 

@BlueFinch    Its much too early for 98° in Texas.  I used to plan on turning my AC on by my son's birthday, April 18th, no earlier.

@Kachina624 No kidding, my AC has my electric meter spinning like a Frisbee and I have a couple fans on, too. Just not acclimated for heat yet. We're going to have a little cool spell after this though. 

Respected Contributor

Very rainy (hard rain) in the SC upstate today.  Had thunder storms with wind earlier today.  Tornadoes in lower part of the state.  Sorry to hear that news but thankful to be out of the path of the intense storms this time.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

We are on a bus tour in Nashville this week. Couldn't do any shopping downtown because of the rain.

Supposed to get more rain today but not as much.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm on the East Coast where we're getting rain and more rain.  

Honored Contributor

April 6 Seattle,WA. Area

today, Wednesday, is going to be pleasant...about 50...dry...

tomorrow, Thursday,  we should have our first 70 degree day!!!

then by the weekend possibly snow!!

typical Spring weather here in the Great Pacific North west

Honored Contributor

N. C. Central-ish

Sunny and 76 yesterday

Sunny and 70 - ish today

WARNING pollen count is so high, everything is covered in yellow powder.🤧

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Here in Maine it's cold and sprinkling, we are going to have rain today and tomorrow. Good day to get the wood stove going.

Honored Contributor

In Los Angeles on April 7th, we hit 97 degrees in some areas.  Same for tomorrow.  It's too soon for those temps.  A little rain would be a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44   hi there.  I live in Ventura County and it was 97 here Thursday and more of the same today with winds.  True Santa Ana conditions.  I agree it's much too early for these high temps. Thank goodness it wasa dry heat and no humidity but then there is the fire danger.    However tomorrow and Sunday back into the mid 60s and next week starting Monday even rain in the forecast and very cool temps in the mid 60s all next week.  Rain would be nice and we just may get some!!!