Honored Contributor

Re: How old is your cell phone?

My mother has the original Jitterbug flip phone.  I don't think she paid over $50 for the phone itself.  She has around 5 million minutes since they roll over each month.  She could be capped by now! Smiley LOL

She pays a little less than $100/yr for service.  I don't think she ever used it as she has a landline.  Celll phone is for emergencies when she's out & about.  And like me has no need to be tethered to anyone 24/7/365.

I've never had a cell phone.  Landline is all I need.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I read about a phone that just makes calls and sends texts.  That's all it does and apparently older people are loving that phone because that's all they want a phone for but it's sleek and modern new.  I not a phone person either but there are functions that I love like the camera and video camera.  With grandchildren, I need that.  I upgraded to a Galaxay 7S Edge last March.  It took me 6 months to learn how to use all of the functions and I'm sure I still don't know about all of them.  It's waterproof for up to 30 minutes in water.  I like that although I haven't dropped my phone in water...ever.  I have no intentions of upgrading anytime soon.  I really wish there was a basic version of a car.  A car without all the "stuff" that cars come with now.  A 2018 car that has just the features of a 1998 car.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 6S (bought it "used" so I don't know it's age, exactly).  Good phone.  I don't live by it but it's nice to have.  

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I have the IPhone X. Had it about a month and a half or so. I am on the iPhone Forever Plan so I get the newest one every year. 

Respected Contributor

I have an iPhone 6s. It’s 2 or 3 years old.   I keep my phones a long time    I have thousands of photos on it 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had an iPhone 6+ for about 3 and 1/2 years.  No desire for a new one 'til this one has problems.  I got a free tablet when I got it too - from ATT.  

I resisted texting for years but once I got on the bandwagon (with my previous iPhone - a 4)  I can't imagine not having it.  It's so handy.  And I love being able to go online.  

Respected Contributor

I had a pay as you go flip phone for several years through T-Mobile.  When the numbers started wearing off the keys, I bought another pay as you go phone and had the SIM card transfered to it.  It wasn't a flip phone though, it has an actual touch keyboard, camera, etc.  I loved that phone.....so simple to use and no "smarts." Those cost me about $25 a year to use.  Last August, I went to turn it on and nothing......dead.

I actually had already bought an LG Tracfone smart phone from Evine, but hadn't had the courage to make the switch to it.  I had a hard time getting my T-Mobile number switched over to the Tracfone, but I did, and it works fine.  I still use it mostly for texting and an occasional picture.  I have the triple minutes.  It cost me $80 with all the minutes good for a year and I haven't had to add minutes yet!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if yours still works cause you don't use it much, @SeaMaiden? I say that, becasue my last phone just quit working. I took it to the AT&T store and they couldn't fix

My cell phones never last anywhere near that long.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMomwrote:

I have the IPhone X. Had it about a month and a half or so. I am on the iPhone Forever Plan so I get the newest one every year. 

www.MessenTools.com-Mensajes-big-25.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@happycatwrote:

I wonder if yours still works cause you don't use it much, @SeaMaiden? I say that, becasue my last phone just quit working. I took it to the AT&T store and they couldn't fix

My cell phones never last anywhere near that long.

@happycat I usually recharge it when it is totally drained...( I forget to charge it!)  I read somewhere that is is best to let rechargeable batteries get really low like one bar  before charging and they will have a longer life? Perhaps it is that?