Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you wash your bra?

Bra - 2 wearings and then it goes in the basket. Nighties,  one wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh I guess I am doing it all wrong, LOL.  For my underpants and clothes that I wear each day, I wash them after one wearing.  But for my bra and sleep T, I wear the same one maybe 4 or 5 days in a row, before I wash them.  I have no set scheudule -- it is just whenever I feel the need for a fresh bra or sleeping T-shirt.  Love the sleep T's from Lands' End.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

In the summer when it is hot about every two wears....in the cooler time of the year maybe every four wears.

Honored Contributor

I wear a sports bra for my speedy exercise walking and have to put it in the laundry basket after each use unless it's especially cool out.

But here's the scoop if you have everyday or other type bras that you care about: Don't wear the same one more than two days in a row max. So have a routine where you rotate them. The elastic needs a bit of time to recover.You don't usually need to wash one after one use, though, and might be able to go three or four uses.

I personally would never machine wash a nice bra. It takes seconds to wash it carefyully in the sink and then hang it to dry.

I do buy very expensive bras because I'm stuck with an unusually small band size. Whenever you are on the edge of the spectrum, that seems to be the case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I think we live in an Overwashed Society.

Respected Contributor

you said you dont dry bras that reminded me. one time by mistake my wifes white bra went in dryer .and i take them and hand bras in our bedroom.so i wet it in sink down cellar and hung it in bedroom so she never new and never said anything.

Honored Contributor

Anymore I just wear stretchy bras and machine wash in a lingerie bag after two wearings.  

Honored Contributor

Once a week, maybe longer if I’m honest and I am!  😁

Honored Contributor

Machine wash on delicate cycle in a mesh or lingerie bag.  Hang dry, 

Honored Contributor

I have so many (at least ten+) bras (some old, but in great condition) that I handwash after showering or bath daily.   I have a clean, lightweight dollar store bucket in the bathroom, so I handwash,  bra first, then panty, and drip dry over the tub.  They are each dry by the next day, usually in a few hours, more or less.  Easy, and no need for them sitting in a hamper for a few days, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).