Honored Contributor

How much to pay?

[ Edited ]

I need suggestions please on how much to pay someone to sweep my one car garage. I hurt my back and cannot do this myself. I have no idea

what is a good amount to pay someone. Its dusty and webby and sweeping it all out top to bottom,  should work well. Thank you!! Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Super Contributor

I would say $50.  Just my thought.

Honored Contributor

Just to sweep?  Do they have to move anything? 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs Since it sounds like quite a job, I'd also think $50 would be reasonable.

Respected Contributor

Call your local religious school.  They may have students that will do it for free for "charity credits".    Or call your local boy scout troop.  They also often do things around the house for people who are unable.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

Call your local religious school.  They may have students that will do it for free for "charity credits".    Or call your local boy scout troop.  They also often do things around the house for people who are unable.

That's a good idea.  I don't know if it's the same all over, kids that are going to make their Confirmation have to do so many hours of community service.

Respected Contributor

i would say it depends on how long it would take a person to do a good job. 

single car garage??  i think $25 would be generous.

Honored Contributor

I have a handyman who I pay by the hour which is $25. It would take over an hour to sweep and dust my garage with some things needing moving. I would say $40 bucks would do mine.

Respected Contributor

i  agree that $25 sounds appropriate, but i like the idea of contacting churches and scout organizations.  

Respected Contributor

Re: How much to pay?

[ Edited ]

Just sweeping a 1 car garage, and not moving anything around should not take very long at all.  I think $25 is plenty.  I really think $15.00 is fine if it doesn't go over an hour.  It's just sweeping afterall.