Respected Contributor

For your online grocery orders? I've been tipping anywhere from 10-20%. Depends on whether they've listened to what I want to replace an item with. 

For example, I usually ask for boneless,  skinless chicken thighs. If those aren't available, any chicken thighs will do. However, there are a couple of times I've gotten chicken leg quarters. Not quite what I want.

Regular Contributor

It depends on which service I am using. Aldi uses InstantCart & I tip 15%. The other place that delivers uses Door Dash & there is no tip option available. I give the delivery person $10-15 depending on the size of the order.

Honored Contributor

have not been doing online grocery orders.

i really prefer going to the grocery stores or sams club myself.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I have been using Kroger's grocery pickup and they do not allow tipping.

Respected Contributor

I have only done the delivery with Kroger once and I think I tipped something like 15%.

I have used the pick up with Kroger, but as @customerqvc2 said they do not allow tipping.  For me, I actually prefer the pickup.  But that is because I live very close to the grocery store and I can usually plan well in advance to place the order so it doesn't matter if it takes several days to get a date and time.  That certainly might not be the case for others.

@Sushismom, hope you are doing well and taking care. Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Respected Contributor

if you say any chicken thighs will do and then lower the tip because you get chicken leg quarters  well they're both dark meat?  I don't think I should comment any further

Esteemed Contributor

Where I live, home delivery is not available. But, last time I picked up an order at Kroger, I tipped about 15 percent. The young lady who brougnt me my order and loaded into my suv was very sweet and appreciative. Dh said they are probably not suppose to take tips, but I will continue to tip them. 

Honored Contributor

When I picked up my groceries from Wal-Mart I tried to give the girl $10 but she said they are not allowed to take it. She said they have cameras. I think they should let those that want to tip to tip them. They are working hard filling orders.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered from Costco Instacart and they encourage tipping their shopper. I didn't realize that there are 2 people who often deliver the order so I don't know if the shopper splits the tip or not.

I was impressed with the shopper, have to say. The order came to $125 and I tipped at the time of purchase (which they ask you to do) $25. Between that, the fee for instacart, the delivery fee and the increase in cost for each product OVER that Costco sells them for, I spent MORE than what my order actually came to. Won't use them again just due to the cost.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

if you say any chicken thighs will do and then lower the tip because you get chicken leg quarters  well they're both dark meat?  I don't think I should comment any further

She probably doesn't want the drumstick.  I don't like drumsticks either.  I think they are only good for boiling up stock to make soup.  Other than that, the meat is barely edible, all stringy & gristle.