Respected Contributor

Re: How many of us went to the forums, then stayed to shop?

I am still dealing with a problematic puchase from QVC. 

That coupled with the fact that the boards will be gone, I won't visit here any longer.  I think with merchancise in short supply and awful shipping issues it would be advisable to go elsewhere to shop.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

when I joined the forums I was a qvc shopper but I haven't been for many years now

I'm sure qvc has the exact statistics on this

Respected Contributor

Apparently there isn’t enough shopping going on.
Honored Contributor

I have bought and still buy a ton here...I make many multiple purchases every month and many of them are from suggestions here.

However once the boards are gone, I really don't know if I will buy as much.  Probably not.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D   Maybe not disagreeeing with you on other points, but their outside IT folks are not dealing with forum problems alone.

QVC's website needs a really BIG overhaul or better yet, simply scrapped--of course still up annd running--while a completely new software program is built or bought.

The ordering system should not hiccup, freeze, or crash just because volume increases due to a special promotion, such as a free shipping event, and that has happened many, many times.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Mindy D   Maybe not disagreeeing with you on other points, but their outside IT folks are not dealing with forum problems alone.

QVC's website needs a really BIG overhaul or better yet, simply scrapped--of course still up annd running--while a completely new software program is built or bought.

The ordering system should not hiccup, freeze, or crash just because volume increases due to a special promotion, such as a free shipping event, and that has happened many, many times.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

@aroc3435 @I didn't mean that the forum was the only IT problem. I meant that it as just another thing the IT Department has to deal with. It looks like it has plenty of problems to work on.