Honored Contributor

How is your DIRECTV working today?

This is a follow up to a post last week. We just got our 17 missing HD channels back. This had to stem from a satellite problem. Anybody else have any follow up to report?

Regular Contributor

Re: How is your DIRECTV working today?

Last night while watching Survivor we got a screen that was advertising some goofy show - Ricky & Mikey? All I know is it came up 3 times & was black & lime green. Had to change channels to get it to got away. And I pay for this stuff?????

Honored Contributor

As far as I know, we've not had any missing channels on DirecTV (but I wouldn't necessarily know, since I only watch a few of the huge selection available).

We have had some weird, apparently non-weather related episodes, though, like a frozen screen with sort of smeared images.  Never have had that before.   Now, I'm wondering if that would have been a satellite problem....

Regular Contributor

Sometimes wonky, it has been that way since last weekend when trying to watch something on the ESPN channels, and now lately we keep getting the 'lost the connection' screen, huh?

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any missing channels, but every since the start of the new season a lot of the shows are mis-labeled in the Guide.  In particular, the Saturday morning lineup on my local CBS affiliate, but I also notinced this morning Animal Planet had Parolees & Pit Bulls listed, but one of the behind-the-scenes zoo shows was actually on.  

I don't know if it's a case of the network feeding DirecTV the wrong information or if it's DirecTV.