Honored Contributor

How is Shipping Determined/Moderators please

[ Edited ]

I pretty unhappy that my $70 LDO shirt was sent US Mail, while my clearance priced dresses were sent UPS Sure Post allowing my to upgrade to UPS delivery.

How is this determined can a moderator please tell me how this happens.

Thank you 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

Re: How is Shipping Determined/Moderators please

@I am still oxox, May I also add a ? I live in a city in S.C.. My tax is 6 1/2 . However when looking at my invoices I cannot figure what tax iI am being charged.Just curious. Many thanks for years of great service from the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Susan-QVC

Can you olease answer the question, many thanks 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I doubt if the mods know or even need or want to know.  I'd surely like to take a tour of the warehouse...to heck with the studio tour.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Post your concerns in Customer Care, which is probably the CORRECT place to post, NOT here. NO one who posts in Community Chat will KNOW the answer.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  The VENDOR chooses how the item will be shipped.

Also, a large percentage of products do not ship out of a QVC warehouse but from the vendor directly. This is why they may not ship for a long time, may ship from the opposite part of the US and/or may arrive via US Mail, UPS, Fed Ex or a combination of them.

I agree 100% regarding why an expensive item came the cheapest way while a $3 item came UPS; found out it is the vendor who chooses the shipment method and virtually ALL of them go with US Mail.

This has proven to be a serious issue for me when ordering jewelry. Learning the hard way that if it comes via US Mail, I most likely will NOT receive it. However, if sent via UPS, I ALWAYS receive it. I've been complaining for years about this and it always come down to the vendor and their choices.

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sure shipping pricing/method are all determined at a corporate level.  Not really general information or up for discussion.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@sligo

Being from a different state, I can tell you how my tax is calculated using a recent example:

Price:$69.98

Shipping: $3.47

Sum: $73.45 (tax is based on this amount)

Use Tax Rate: 6.25%

Tax: $4.59 ($73.45 * 6.25%)

Total Cost: $78.04

Do you think you should be paying more or less tax?

If you think you should be paying less, you may not be calculating tax on your shipping (which I understand some states are not supposed to.)

If you think you should be paying more, you may be using the incorrect sales tax rate. You noted your tax rate was 6.5%, but an Internet search says the sales and use tax rate is 6% for your state.  I assume QVC is using the 6% tax rate. The 0.5% is local tax. Note that in my real life example, QVC only took 6.25%.  But, my local tax rate is 10.25%. 

Whether or or not this is what QVC is doing in your situation, I don’t know.  This is what’s happening for me and I hope it helps you in yours.